About The Challenge
For one of the most innovative Belgian technology companies, we are looking for a Linux System Engineer. As a Linux System Engineer, you will implement and maintain reproducible Linux environments. You will work on the automatic configuration of KVM-based virtualization and OpenStack based private cloud virtualization. You will also automate the set-up of operating systems, (Web)applications and databases.
As per usual, all the various servers and services need to be optimally connected so you will need to configure the required networking elements in order to be able to do so. Next to that, you will get to integrate all the components into a finalized product that is easily upgradable with high reliability and availability.
You'll get the chance to keep up to date with technology evolutions and detect potential opportunities for our products. You will get to acquire a thorough understanding of satellite communication technology and components.
You think being able to provide internet connectivity to the whole wide world (from schoolchildren in remote areas to in-flight WiFi) is freaking awesome and you really want to take part in making that happen. Apart from that you also
- Hold a bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering (Computer Sciences, Telecommunication, etc.)
- Master Linux perfectly (RHEL/CentOS) as well as some scripting languages (Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl, ...)
- Have a substantial knowledge of networking and can demonstrate this knowledge
- Possess knowledge of Version Control, module testing and automation
- Have experience with at least 1 of the following: Puppet, Linux performance optimization, Ansible, Jenkins, Cloud Management Systems (like OpenStack), virtualizing Windows OS on Linux
- Love to communicate with a broad range of technical experts and to share information
- Can converse well enough in English is to have a heated discussion on time travel with your colleagues in the office
We are not a recruitment agency and we are not a consultancy agency either. We're a different breed. We are tech talent integrators and this is how we roll...
- You become part of the Exellys community (we pay you, while your career takes off) but you are working on a challenging project for our client.
- You get a personal career coach, access to technical trainings and are encouraged to obtain certificates to match your needs and ambitions.
- After two years, you'll get the opportunity to work for the client as a permanent employee (they pay you, while your career is accelerated).
Sparked your interest? Want to know more about the job? About Exellys? About our remuneration package? You know what to do... Hit the apply button and become excellent!