Since several years, we work together with a very nice company in the city center of Brussels.
They are active in the financial industry.
What sets them apart from other companies (in and outside their industry) is their great company culture with excellent work-life balance benefits.
Their culture is centered around sharing which is fundamental to their cooperative organization.
They like to share with each other positivity, enthusiasm, knowledge, new idea's, quality and open communication with flat hierarchy mindset.
Once you are in contact with the people of this organization, you will notice that they like to take care of the needs of their clients and the needs of their employees (flexible hours, possibility for remote work, nice fringe benefits, internal mobility,...).
Last year the company noticed that they need to invest more in digitalization to stay interesting and relevant for their clients.
Therefore they would like to launch a lot of new projects that will lead the company in the digital era.
To lead these projects, our client is searching for Agile medior project managers with application project management experience (preferably in a .NET environment).
The company develops their own applications in a Microsoft environment (C#, VB.NET, ...) and currently they are implementing Robotic Process Automation (UiPath) technology.
Brussels - Internal permanent position
The Application Project Manager will lead one or more IT projects, from the identification phase to termination. This consists of coordinating people, activities and risks to ensure that projects are delivered on time, produce the desired results and respect the approved budget.
Your main responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Business Sponsor from the pre-project phase. You are responsible for the content (intended objectives risks and linked costs, expected benefits)
- Determine and plan the activities to be realized to initialize the project and supervises its execution
- Assist in the definition of the objectives and requirements of the project, while involving all actors involved
- Align with the relevant stakeholders (architect, team leaders Technology, but also Legal, Risk, etc.) to determine the dependencies and risks. You ensure that all stakeholders are well informed and involved
- Is responsible for the definition of the backlog of features to be provided by the project with the contribution of the appropriate stakeholder.
- If applicable, you communicate the information linked to the performance to be realized by the external suppliers to Purchase to ensure that the contracts meet the needs
- Ensure the availability and allocation of resources
- Alignment with the delivery teams on a regular basis in order to monitor progress, communicate all useful information in full transparency and deal with blocking points
- Participate in the Agile ceremonies of the delivery teams of type refinement, demo, retrospective
- Manage the changes made to the scope, calendar and costs of the project. Reports any deviation from the project to the Sponsor and to the PMO
- Consequently, changes the backlog - the features - of the project
- Execute risk and threat management to minimize their potential impact on the project
- Raise awareness of the change management actions linked to the project and monitors their execution
- Provide recommendations regarding the operability of the delivered solution (compliance with quality requirements). Ensures an effective handover to the Run department for each release cost of the project
- Measure the performance of the project using relevant tools and techniques
- Monitor the continuous update of the project management tool against information of your project budget, planning, status, risk
- Encourage teams to identify the 'lessons learned' for each phase and consolidates them on the scale of the project
- Hand over to the Strategy Office department and to the Business for the follow-up of the post-project benefits.
The ideal candidate can be described as following
- Min. 2 years of experience in managing application projects with the Agile methodology (preferably in a .NET environment)
- Good understanding or practical experience in the software development cycle (software delivery lifecycle). Interest in technological aspects in general
- Certification like PMP or I Prince II is an asset
- Fluent in both French and Dutch, both spoken and written. The business language is only French and Dutch. There is no technical documentation available in English.
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus
- Desired soft skills:
- Self-discipline, organization and planning, resilience
- Strong competencies in communication, presentation and animation of workshops, negotiation skills
- Management of conflict resolution techniques and risk management
- Ability to facilitate meetings linked to projects, while remaining diplomatic towards teams with other objectives
- Good understanding of technical and organizational dependencies within the company and using them to the benefit of the company
- Able to communicate effectively with Business and technical actors at every level of the organization
- Ability to quickly understand the processes and interests of the Business and the impact that the project has on them
- In-depth knowledge of the methodology, tools and models for project management (project planning, stakeholder management, dependency management, control of change, etc.).
Offer from our client
- You will be part of their typical and specific company culture: employees and former employees appreciate the positive atmosphere and pleasant collegial way of working.
- You will work in their buildings full of character in the heart of Brussels, at the Grand Place, easily accessible by public transport (train, métro, bus), the Central Station is at a walk of a few minutes
- You will receive an internal contract of unfixed duration on the direct payroll of our client. Moreover, you can count on an interesting salary package with extra-legal benefits such as meal vouchers and insurances, and, as an appreciation for your work, various tailor-made bonuses
- You will have the opportunity to further develop your skills and knowledge thanks to our wide range of training courses
- Our client attaches great importance to a good work-life balance for its employees
- in short, a job at our client = Workplace happiness insured!
Interested to learn more about this opportunity?
Do not hesitate and apply now via the button below!