Experis is a dedicated business unit of ManpowerGroup - a world leader in employment services for more than 70 years, and a recognized pioneer in the industry. At Experis, we operate in over 50 countries worldwide, deploying more than 38,000 skilled professionals every day and that's why over 80% of the Fortune Global 500 turn to us for the professional talent that will set them apart.
For one of our clients in the manufacturing niche, we are looking for someone who will strengthen the global IT department.
The Global Systems Administrator is accountable for operational and project related activities, and maintaining defined IT standards at all global locations. Scope includes global Data Centre and all remote site data rooms, cloud solutions, servers, Storage, backup operations and disaster recovery solutions. Incumbent will apply excellent communication, problem-solving, change management, and systems administration skills to ensure high quality operations.
- Closely adheres to defined Global IT Service Management processes (when published) - change management, incident management, problem management, service level management, knowledge management and request fulfillment processes
- Partners with IT staff, service providers, and end-users to support and maintain our complex and quickly growing core infrastructure.
- Provide level 2 or 3 support, and above, for any global core infrastructure issue in line with defined SLA's and OLA's.Hands over unresolved critical/high priority incidents to other global team members with detailed supporting documentation at the end of normal working hours or under coordination of Manager if for an off-hours incident.
- Scheduled for support in on-call rotation and, for the period scheduled, is expected to respond (within SLA) and troubleshoot incidents for any global location outside of business-hours.For example, during the night and at weekends.
- Responsible for the uptime, resiliency and performance of all core infrastructure
- Help manage, optimize and plan capacity for our entire core infrastructure including Storage environments.
- Collaborates with project team members, providing technical expertise, assist in creation of detailed task plans and executes activities, communicating status accordingly
- Research new technologies to stay informed on core infrastructure industry standards and best practices.Makes recommendations to Manager, Global Core Infrastructure for inclusion in technology roadmap
- Implement, administer, and monitor security solutions, standards, and policies in accordance with our Information Security Framework.Investigates possible security breaches as part of incident management team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years' experience managing and maintaining DataCenter systems, processes and systems architecture in large enterprises.
- Effective leader of ideas and people with a deep understanding of business capabilities and processes.
- Broad industry experience and domain expertise - industrial manufacturing sector experience an asset.
- Ability to assess DataCenter trends in order to develop and implement Hardware and software standards for network.
- Collaborative team player who can effectively participate in departmental level meetings and positively influence outcomes.
- Solid understanding of licensing models and practice, enterprise inventory tools, all to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Upholds 'best practice' standards as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills.
- Excellent problem solving skill.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch is required. Knowledge of French or the ability to develop French - for roles based in Belgium.
- Additional skills:
- VMware (ESX 6.0/6.5) incl. SRM, vROps, vSAN
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- SAN experience (EMC VNX/VPLEX/RecoverPoint, HPE 3PAR)
- Backup Software (CommVault)
- Brocade Fiber Channel switching
- Citrix XenApp
- Microsoft Active Directory Management
- VDI (VMware Horizons/Citrix XenDesktop)
- Disk/File Encryption products
- Enterprise Anti-virus
- Server Management (Incl. HP ProLiant/C7000/Synergy/OneView)
- Enterprise System Monitoring
- EndPoint Manager (Bigfix, Ldms)
- LANDesk Service Desk / Ldms
- Linux RHEL/Oracle (optional benefit)
- Dell EMC VxRail
Interested in this opportunity?
Send your latest resume and/or questions via the button below.