As a Professional Services consultant in a Software Product company you are accountable and responsible for the successful delivery of our payments services and solutions to our medium to large corporate clients across North America, EMEA or Asia. Specialized in Payments solutions and services, you are able to deliver consultancy, solutions and Support to Corporations implementing or growing their payments landscape, solutions and processes.
You will join a team of 20+ professional services consultants located in Belgium, France, Poland and the Us within Fis Corporate Treasury and Payments Solutions division. You will be based in Brussels, Be. Regular travels (min 20%) to visit your clients are expected and are an integral part of the position.
Key Objectives and Outcomes
- The following key objectives and outcomes are integral to our success.
- Understanding them and being either responsible (for Senior profiles) or a contributor to achieving them is a key success factor of this position
- Deliver against your own and the overall team and division revenue and chargeability (client billable hours) targets
- Deliver services and projects within the constraints set by the contract with a tolerance of 10% or within the tolerances set during the project or service setup
- Achieve 80% of the success criterions set for the mission or project, expecting criterions related to quality of deliverables, inputs to improving our services and solutions offering and growing our people, processes and tools.
- Engage with the client's business and manage client relationship effectively, improve their overall client satisfaction generating positive clients feedback, evaluations, referrals or references each year.
- Capitalize on that engagement, your expertise and our offerings to generate new revenue opportunities, liaising with our presales and sales team to help fully qualify them
- Facing new challenges and situations, provide concrete illustrations of your engagement and ability to anticipate, be proactive, take initiative, qualify a problem or challenge and come with (creative) solutions
- Be an actor of the development and growth of our products, professional service Catalog (building new services, improving existing ones) and toolkits, delivering at least two new or updated assets every year (ex: building a new version of our budget tracking sheet and presenting it to the consultants' community)
- Open communication and transparency: we are a highly-connected team and organization in which we value the ability to communicate and share information in a transparent way to be able to fuel meaningful conversations and be efficient at addressing the real issue and finding the best path forward.
- Ability to lead and take actions: given a situation or task, we expect you are fully engaged and take the opportunity to demonstrate our ability to own a topic, bring the right people together, take actions and, in summary, take the lead in bringing this topic to wherever it should be.
- Anticipation and Proactivity: our job is not to be firemen fighting one incident before the next. Our job is to create the conditions for our own success and that requires an ability to anticipate and be proactive, creating the context where the best can happen (ex: effectively managing risks client expectations) rather than waiting or expecting the worst.
- Creativity and Pragmatism: in combination with the previous, creativity is the competency that summarizes for us the need to keep an open mind and think about multiple solutions when facing challenges. Demonstrating pragmatism in this context is having the ability to balance these solutions with an ability to integrate the “how will they be implemented” into their evaluation
- Sense of initiative and ability to deliver: We cannot accept inaction and the lack of initiative but we accept mistakes. They are part of the learning curve and a demonstration that you tried something. However, our business is to deliver solutions to clients and your ability to turn actions and initiatives in actual results is key.
- Ability to work autonomously: while we are one team striving to achieve results together, each member of the team needs to be able to work on his own. This means moving topics forward to the best of your ability without constant supervision, identifying and communicating when you need Support or help, and adequately engaging colleagues and managers as required.
- Perfectly fluent in English on top of fluency in any other language
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Client Facing positions
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the field of Account Payables, Treasury, Payments of Payments in a medium to large corporation or software and service provider
- Project Management: Minimum 15 years of experience in managing business critical projects
- Consultancy: Minimum 8 years of experience in consulting, advising medium to large corporations in realizing the business case of their software investments
- Service Delivery: Minimum 5 years of experience in implementing, configuring and supporting software solutions
- Prior experience with engaging and working with Software Product Management and Software Product Delivery teams, on, near and offshore
- Ability to engage various internal or external stakeholders at various hierarchical level
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats
To provide or acquire in a relatively short term, supported by your peers and our training programs:
- Cash Management - Basics
- Payments and Account Statements Processes (From basics to more advanced topics such as Payment Factory, In-House Bank, Supply Chain Finance, etc.)
- Banking Connectivity (Swift, Ebics, etc.)
- Messages Formats (Iso20022, Swift Mts, Country Specific)
- Payments Value Added Functions and Services (Payments Business Case, Analytics, Payments and Banking Landscape Optimization, etc.)