ITS Group is looking for a VBA/Access expert for one of its client in Leuven.
a number in-house built Access/VBA tools are being used in supporting processes (communication toward customer, triggering & follow-up).
These tools are a part of broader E2E process and integrated in a broader application landscape
- input files converted from Mainframe, other Access tools...
- output files toward Mainframe...
Issues we need to resolve, areas where we need expertise
- scheduling of (re-)runs (more flexible & communication on the result of the runs)
- more robust & reliable file input en output handling (retry instead of fail mechanisms)
- more transparent result communication to improve the clarity
- more exception handling in input/output
These tools are using an initial 'VBA hard-code style' using a low degree of parameterization which leads to complexity being introduced into the code-base.
- refactoring & simple parameterization techniques liking to e.g words templates with 'pre-filled labels'
- introducing mapping tables instead of hard coded parameters to easy small changes
- introducing simplicity as a conseuqnece of this aproach
The richness of the input/output techniques is lacking. Only limited amount of documents types are processed. Some input files need manual manipulation before the tools can use them leading to errors in execution.
Running the tools within a Virtual Desktop environment offloads the work on user dektops but also creates a few technical challenges. Some experience with this is a plus.
- VBA/Access expert
- to adapt and optimize tools (acces/VBA) which are suported by the end user computing team (EUC)
- knowledge & experience with Mainframe platforms and SAS is an advantage
- NL or/and ENG