The “Windows Base Release Services” team (WBRS) takes care of preparing, testing and deploying the Patches and Base upgrade releases. The target systems are the Wintel servers (2003 and 2008) and the workstations (XP and Windows 7).
- Will take care of preparing, testing and deploying the Patches and Base upgrade releases
- Will also participate to the aftercare related to these releases
The Windows Application Release team of 12 people takes care of the Application Releases and more in particular the packaging of applications on the Microsoft Windows platform using Microsoft App-V and Microsoft Windows Installer for target systems Headquarter Workstations, Servers, Terminal Servers, Branches workstations, servers and ATM's.
- Prepare and deploy of quality assured application packages. Microsoft App-V packages and/or Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) packages created using Flexera Admin-Studio, following the company standards for software in the Windows environment
- Familiar with application/software release process phases: Intake (information gathering & proposal), Build (Package development + technical testing), Deployment (Users acceptance testing + deployment), After care
- Work as a single point of contact with the customer to deliver applications into production.
- End-to-end responsible to guide the applications throughout the 4 application release phases and to guarantee a good quality delivery
- Required level of education: Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience with at least 5 years' experience in a similar function: application package/release/deployment on Wintel systems
- Mandatory Business skills: ITIL minded, follows the Customer processes for projects, incident and change management, and being standalone and team worker, good communicator, analytical minded, meet commitment, ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment, flexible, customer-oriented, understand risk awareness
- Expected Business skills: Able to understand bank related business processes and assess impacts on business
- Mandatory Technical skills: Microsoft Windows XP or Windows 7 and Release Software/framework, experience in Application Packaging and Release management in Windows environment, Microsoft App-V, Microsoft Windows Installer, VBScript, Windows command line scripting
- Expected Technical skills: Windows server (2003/2008), Flexera Adminstudio, Windows Workstation environment, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager SCCM (2007/2012)