Role mission & context
The Time Critical Support Specialist role provides support to the business in using applications and services, and contributes to maintaining and operating our end user and onsite services.
The Time Critical Support Specialist role will provide support locally on the campus and will be involved mainly in:
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Change management
- Access rights management
Work to ensure relevant KPI/PI's goals for the team they are working with are met for the product or assignment
- Provide the end user the support that is agreed upon
- Provide information to end users in the event of operational disturbances
- Act as action owner of the cases or orders they are assigned to
- Determine and assign correct priority on created or received cases and act according to given instructions
- Escalate cases to other support functions when necessary
- Perform incident resolutions and request fulfillments
- Coordinate problem resolution in supported services and solutions. Drive the identification and escalation of problems in supported services and solutions. Support 2nd and 3rd line teams in the problem management process
- Utilize Volvo's Knowledge Management System. Contribute to and drive knowledge management and the documentation of errors and known workarounds
- Follow the requirements concerning Information Security described in Volvo's Security
- Handbook. Ensure correct use of Volvo security policies and raise security issues where discovered
- Contribute to discussions on and drive methods to improve team efficiency and delivery quality
- Take part in projects improving the identity management and security area, when involved in management of access rights
- Attend training across most common Group IT and solutions
- Participate in development of new operation techniques and contribute to designing solutions in support
- Coordinate and secure specialized training for specific support tasks requiring unique knowledge
- Collect measurement data (resolution time, work effort and others) as assigned by management
- Very good computer and IT-peripheral knowledge.
- Good IT-network knowledge.
- Good application system landscape knowledge.
- Good communication skills to secure the runtime of the global applications on the local site.
- Required competences:
- At least three years of experience of work in the support area for the most common services and solutions provided by Group IT
- Experience interacting with end user
- Strong experience from working in an IT delivery organization including solid knowledge about methods used
- Strong experience in incident management, strong Sense of Urgency
- Good ability in investigating, defining and resolving complex problems
- Knowledge about the solutions in scope and proven experience in runtime of the concerned applications
- Planning work for a task in a workflow with many domains involved in a more complex environment
- Managing complex information systems, performing a broad range of complex and non-routine work activities in a variety of contexts.
- Facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
- Mentor colleagues
- Absorbing new technical information and applying it effectively
- Communicate verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding relationships between own domain and business requirements
- Experience with QRIT and VPS is an asset
- Complete proficiency in English and Dutch is a requirement