As Immoweb is currently transforming itself, we are looking for a solid Infrastructure Architect who has been around the block to join our Architecture team and help us shape our products, design & build Immoweb's future.
We have just started migrating to a
- Business Service-oriented,
- API and Event-driven,
- AWS Cloud-hosted,
- Microservice-based platform, (We are evolving towards a Node.js ecosystem and aim to build well documented APIs, well tested code. We want our team to understand what we're building and why we choose to build it this way.)
- Some of the following could make you a great fit to work at Immoweb:
- Your major challenge now is to help us to migrate and evolve from our On-Premise (legacy) system to our new Cloud based MicroServices one.
- We want you to drive and keep this transformation on tracks within the highly motivated Architect team.
- So you have the chance to come in and help us build new products in a small, structured and performant Agility-oriented team.
- You are excited about working on a small, passionate, talented multi-cultural Agility-oriented team
- You are excited about designing, giving recommendations and validating new built projects
- You have a good experience about site reliability engineering and how to manage high availability on large traffic Web site
- Analyzing business requirements and imagining solutions gets your mind going
- You are open minded, and you are willing to learn new things
- You care deeply about documentation, performance, and execution, and you know how to balance quality with regular and fast shipping
- You don't mind helping out on other areas of the stack if necessary and you are good at knowledge sharing
- You are comfortable in an environment where projects are time-sensitive
Adapting to changes in products, projects, and direction won't throw you off
- 8+ years of experience in IT infrastructure. (Design, model, implementation)
- A good knowledge of making infrastructure architecture in a public Cloud provider, with a strong preference with AWS
- Good experience in handling On-Premise infrastructure
- Good knowledge of server concepts (deployment, lifcycle of software, monitoring, etc.)
- Good knowledge of network principles (routing, ACL, DMZ,..)
- Good knowledge of security best practices
- General knowledge of AWS services and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation). Certification is an obvious plus.
- Good experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Good knowledge in both Microsoft Windows Server and Linux Ubuntu server
- Fluent English. French or Dutch are a plus.
- Experience in migrating infrastructure from On Premise to public Cloud is an asset
- Previous experience with Scrum
- Willing to learn new technologies, share knowledge and evolve
- Knowledge in databases, MS SQL, AWS Redshift and no SQL DB solutions
- Knowledge in MS SQL database packaging (SSIS)
- A professional, stimulating and state of the art working environment
- Opportunity for personal development in line with business growth
- Rich and acknowledged e-business expertise
- Attractive package