What you'll do
Your main responsibility is to provide technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
Your main focus will be that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
Together with your colleagues you will work to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives.
- Develop a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Develop a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Providing leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
- Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
- Be able to identify which latest trends and technologies might have fit with our environment and its requirements.
- Empower standardization in our environment and perform automation of operational tasks where possible.
- Take the availability, integrity, security & recoverability of Ogone's infrastructure as a personal objective, assure it is compliant with our business requirements and SLA and propose solutions/evolutions to improve this objective
- Perform project related to our environment with a focus on increasing performance, availability and scalability of our infrastructure
- Monitor security and system events and take appropriate action in case of incident including taking part in the off-hours monitoring rotation of the environment
- Provide reporting (daily/monthly/yearly) on our infrastructure performance and be able to perform proactive trend-analysis and growth forecasting based on indicators given by your management
Challenges offered by our business environment
- Ensuring the compliance of our infrastructure with the highest level of security imposed by our sensitive business activities and industry standards (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards),
- Sizing the infrastructure while foreseeing the growth of the number of transactions processed by our payment services platform (>50% yearly) and of the number of services provided,
- Planning the capacity of our infrastructure for the next 3 years, under specific and complex constraints, to sustain unattended and sudden peaks of transactions (Web ticketing sales, online donation, e-Commerce limited-in-time promotions...)
- Keeping our platform constantly up-to-date while respecting the 'zero down-time' expectations of our worldwide spread customer base, tolerating no 'system maintenance' even during night or week-end.
Who you are
- Higher education in IT/Engineering or equivalent by experience
- At least 5-7 years of experience in IT
- Last 3 years spent as DBA in the operational management and evolution of an IT infrastructure in a mission critical environment with 24/7/365 availability requirements
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving ability and stress resistant capability
- Mature, accountable and flexible
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Used to work in project context, to propose realistic plannings and respect them
- A proven experience in the Database Administration :
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2016 (Operational matters and maintenance Clustering, Replication, Logshipping, AlwaysOn, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL developing...)
- HP and EMC storages : knowledge of enterprise Storage systems, able to perform Storage performance testing
- Performance tuning on SQL servers
Nice to have
- Good knowledge of French and/or Dutch
- A proven experience in the following areas:
- Networking and Security: General networking (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/S, SMTP, FTP, tunneling), Firewall and VPN (CheckPoint)
- System: Virtualization (VMware ESX), MS Windows Server (2008/2008R2/2012 R2 core) and Active Directory administration, SharePoint, Backup/restore and assorted operations, Deployment, System Monitoring
- PowerShell scripting skills
- Security minded and, ideally, already involved in the implementation of security standards (PCI-DSS, ISO)
- Practical experience working with an IT Service Management framework like ITIL
What is in it for you
- Taking part in shaping the future of payments!
- A permanent contract with strong, competitive salary package, linked to profile and experience
- Joining a company with a strong diversified and multicultural environment
- To become the best version of yourself, we put a strong emphasis on personal growth with trainings, coaching and internal mobility