We are currently looking for a Full Stack Developer to expand our Development team.
Your role as a Full Stack Developer
Develop high quality software with attention to UX/UI
- Assist in the refinement of stories and estimations to prepare the sprint backlog.
- Work in a cross functional team to develop software to conform to the functional and non-functional specifications in close collaboration with shared services, Scrum master and product owner.
- Assure an appropriate level of documentation is created and kept up-to-date, preferably through automation.
- Help challenge and clarify requirements.
- Make sure all new development and code changes are tested according to industry best practices.
- When modifying existing code, build a case for refactoring, taking into account long-term benefit and risk, and convince stakeholders. Take part in code reviews
- Share responsibility in managing various code quality metrics reported by tools such as Sonar, Fortify, Jenkins, etc...
- Bring impediments to the attention of the Scrum master during the daily stand-up
- Deliver quality deliverables by ... code review and testing according to industry best practices
- Update team on progress during the daily stand-up
- Attend & actively participate in Scrum ceremonies
- Take ownership of 'need to improve items' within the scope of the team
- Deliver a working product at the end of each sprint
- Apply continuous improvement mind-set to product, process, tooling, methods, etc. and participate in implementing the ideas after common decision.
- Coach new hires or people that are working in an unfamiliar area
- Use pair-programming where appropriate
- Work with team to be compliant with Isabel Group Policies
Information sharing & coaching
- Use confluence as a platform to share information which is not present in analysis/design documents
- Use techniques such as pair programming. Switch pair regularly (as decided by the team) to assure knowledge management.
- Provide adequate information in Jira issues for next step in process
- Create, review and update installation documents.
- Organize review of SQL changes with DBA and use the feedback to improve quality.
- Work with the team to create open design solutions when possible
- When analyzing, developing or testing, be sure to keep quality, security, and open design in mind.
- Work with team to create and present demo's for implementing stakeholders. Include the team in these demos.
Who are you?
- Graduated with a Master or Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or equivalent by relevant experience
- Fluent in English
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in the following areas:
- Java Script (JS6)
- Software engineering
- Developing Web applications
- Extreme programming practices
- React or Angular experience
- Ability to coach other developers on front-end development (through pair-programming, code review, kata...)
- Ability to challenge front-end technical choices and suggest improvement on existing code
- Keen interest in integration principles
- Eager to learn
- Show initiative
- Take ownership and accountability
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Passionate about software development
Nice to haves:
- Spring and/or Spring Boot experience
- Knowledge of BDD
- Experience with contract-based testing
- Knowledge of Dutch or French
Why choose us?
- You will work for one of the units of the Isabel Group, the first & leading FinTech of Belgium (°1995). We are experts and know our stuff and we can rely on an eco-system of strategic partners to work with...
- ...and we look ahead and think about our customers' future needs when developing new features and solutions
- You will receive a competitive salary package accompanied by fringe benefits
- You will receive 30 days of holidays and the possibility to work from home
- It takes about 42 steps from Brussels Central Station to our front door
- We have a team of volunteers who make it their mission to spoil us with game nights, banana pie, weekly fruit baskets, massages, monthly breakfast and much (much) more