We are looking for a Full Stack Wordpress Developer with 6+ years of working experience responsible for both back-end and front-end development, developing multilingual custom Wordpress themes and plugins to help our Web team to migrate outsourced websites and build new websites in an already defined workflow. This position requires an ability to transform mockups from a UI/UX designer into Wordpress custom themes and plugins using a Bootstrap Framework. Experience with a responsive and adaptive design is a must have. Also, an understanding of the entire Web development process, including design, development, and deployment is strongly preferred.
As Full Stack Wordpress Developer you will be responsible for
- Designing/Developing new websites in Wordpress for various use-cases:
- Customer support sites
- Customer onboarding sites
- Landing pages
- Product pages
- Re-designing, re-building (legacy) outsourced websites to already defined workflow
- Taking ownership of front-end components, from architecture to development, deployment, and maintenance
- Designing, Developing, and implementing new features and functionalities
- Designing, developing, adapting custom Wordpress forms integration from websites to future CRM & Marketing Automation Platform (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics)
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of Wordpress websites
- Working with UI/UX designer, helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working custom themes and custom plugins according to business requirements
- Regularly updating, maintaining, and troubleshooting issues on existing websites
- Follow Wordpress coding standards and best practices, along with provided best practices from Web Team Leader
- Assisting in the refinement of stories and estimations to prepare the sprint backlog, and ensure tickets are logged and regularly maintained in Jira for every request.
- Bringing impediments to the attention of the Scrum master during the daily stand-up
- Providing adequate documentation in Jira and confluence
- Writing scalable, maintainable, secure, and reusable code. Taking part in code reviews
- Providing quality assurance control and Cross-Browser/cross-platform compatibility on all projects
- Working in a deadline-oriented environment juggling numerous simultaneous deliverables
- Advanced knowledge of PHP (OOP)
- Advanced Wordpress knowledge building custom themes and custom plugins
- Familiarity with Gutenberg, lazy blocks, custom post types, polylang, Acf
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites using Bootstrap framework, keeping consistent styling across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive wireframes into working Bootstrap custom Wordpress themes and custom plugins
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs formats (JSON, XML), Ajax, MySQL
- Proficient understanding of GIT versioning control tool. GitLab CI/CD knowledge is desirable
- Desirable working experience with API integrations (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics)
- Experience in writing secured WP code in accordance with OWASP standards
- We are not looking for Wordpress page builders. All of our websites and Web applications are custom built from scratch.
- You will work for one of the units of the Isabel Group, the first & leading FinTech of Belgium (°1995). We are experts and know our stuff and we can rely on an eco-system of strategic partners to work with...
- ...and we look ahead and think about our customers' future needs when developing new features and solutions
- You will receive a competitive salary package accompanied by fringe benefits
- You will receive 30 days of holidays and the possibility to work from home
- It takes about 42 steps from Brussels Central Station to our front door
- We have a team of volunteers who make it their mission to spoil us with game nights, banana pie, weekly fruit baskets, massages, monthly breakfast and much (much) more
Please note that this recruitment process is not open for external agencies.