Within the financial landscape, Isabel is a key player with great ambitions. Our multibanking business is a major component of the corporate financial landscape, moving 400 million transactions a year for a total of 2500 Billion euros. A lot is moving in this area with new legislations and new technologies challenging the status quo.
The key challenge for the IT Operations teams is to have applications and infrastructure robust enough to handle these volumes while at the same time have the agility and speed to market of a FinTech.
A lot of new business initiatives are being launched and are supported by adopting state-of-the-art technologies and new methodologies. Hybrid Cloud, PaaS,DevOps and SRE principles are good examples of how the IT Operations team is supporting in the business needs for faster and easier go-to-market.
We are currently looking for a Site Reliability Engineer or SRE to implement, maintain and support deployment tools and standards for various technological stacks across our operational environments.
An SRE is fundamentally doing work that has historically been done by an operations team, but using engineers with software expertise and banking on the fact that these engineers are inherently both predisposed to, and have the ability to, substitute automation for human labor. In general, an SRE team is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
- As an SRE you create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system and application administration topics.
- Implement, maintain and support CI/CD tools and pipelines across our operational environments (dev, non-prod and prod) in close collaboration and together with the different feature teams.
- You ensure that the service is automated and with proper follow-up implemented. To achieve this, you need to combine application development with application administration skills.
- You add and follow-up the non-functional and reliability requirements in the backlog of each feature teams.
- As an SRE it is essential that you have an in depth comprehension of the operational reality. This is why approximately half of your time will be spend on making sure the operational service is guaranteed. The other half of your time you will spend in making the service more resilient and in automating 'the hell' out of everything.
- When implementing new products and technologies, you will provide your objective evaluation and substantiate your arguments for supporting the new product or technology and this in close collaboration with the product development and our internal security risk team. This to achieve a financial industry grade secured solution.
- You will participate in a 24/7 duty roster each 4-5 weeks
- You recently graduated or are about to graduate and looking for a interesting assignment
- You have a real DevOps, SRE mindset
- You have code writing skills.
- You can interact on a technical level with other technical members
- You are passionate about containerization technologies running on OpenShift/Kubernetes (docker, Terraform, Ansible, AWX, Helm, Jenkins)
- You have a strong security mindset and focus, the solutions you propose have security built-in from the start and are at financial industry standards level.
- You are at least fluent in English (EU C1)
Why us ?
- You will work for one of the units of the Isabel Group, the first & leading Fintech of Belgium (°1995). We are experts and know our stuff and we can rely on an eco-system of strategic partners to work with...
- ...and we look ahead and think about our customers' future needs when developing new features and solutions
- You will receive a competitive salary package accompanied by fringe benefits
- You will receive 30 days of holidays and the possibility to work from home
- It takes about 42 steps from Brussels Central Station to our front door
- We have a team of volunteers who make it their mission to spoil us with game nights, banana pie, weekly fruit baskets, massages, monthly breakfast and much (much) more