Within the financial landscape, Isabel is a key player with great ambitions. Isabel recently insourced its core IT infrastructure and we are currently running two state of the art datacenters in which we have deployed both a traditional IT infrastructure as well as our own private cloud.
The key challenge for the infrastructure team is to have an infrastructure robust enough to handle 30 billion € a day worth of transactions while at the same time have the agility and speed to market of a FinTech.
To achieve this, we want to offer to our internal customers a combination of on-premise resources and (public) cloud resources. From a technology perspective we run on VMware platform for our on-premise solution, an OpenStack for our private cloud and AWS as a public cloud.
Your task will be to enable this and guide your team through the changes that come with the current technological and business evolution.
As Team manager, you will be responsible for the following tasks
- Management of a team of 15 highly skilled system and network engineers
- Infrastructure roadmap, including lifecycle management of old technologies and introduction of new technologies
- Infrastructure budget, ensure the annual infrastructure (CAPEX and OPEX) budget is drawn up and followed through
- Project coordination of the infrastructure part of both technical and business driven projects
- Responsible for the uptime and operational capabilities of the Isabel infrastructure
- 5 years of experience with managing teams, either as a project manager or a team manager
- A technical background, preferably in the technologies currently used at Isabel (Cisco, VMware, OpenStack, AWS)
- Good social skills to interact with both business partners, peers and staff
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours in case of incidents or planned changes
- Experience with procurement of technical assets is a plus
- English proficiency in both verbal and written communication
Why us ?
- You will work for one of the units of the Isabel Group, the first & leading FinTech of Belgium (°1995). We are experts and know our stuff and we can rely on an eco-system of strategic partners to work with...
- ...and we look ahead and think about our customers' future needs when developing new features and solutions
- You will receive a competitive salary package accompanied by fringe benefits and a company car
- You will receive 30 days of holidays and the possibility to work from home
- It takes about 42 steps from Brussels Central Station to our front door
- We have a team of volunteers who make it their mission to spoil us with game nights, banana pie, weekly fruit baskets, massages, monthly breakfast and much (much) more