Infrastructure System Engineer - ref. 74853 (IGB419820031)
Organisation and department description
My client is the market leader in legal protection insurance, they are located just next to the north station and they are looking for an all-round system engineer.
If you are looking for a challenging job as a system engineer, then you are made for this job!
- You will manage our IT infrastructure and will work closely together with our internal IT department and external Infrastructure & Security Consultants.
- You will participate to significant projects in order to prepare the infrastructure of the company to the future needs. In particular you will support the company in the transition to a more Agile infrastructure based on extensive laptops use and touch points to all our partners (brokers, lawyers, customers...) while guaranteeing a robust security framework.
- You will look for innovative solutions to handle efficiently the infrastructure by automating key processes as much as possible (e.g. automation of access management, automation of security incidents detection and reporting...)
Some examples of your daily tasks
- Includes, but not limited to, planning, systems analysis, design, installation, configuration, scripting and documentation
- Provide support for problems associated with the platform infrastructure, including the follow-up of security-related incidents
- Analyzing existing systems to recommend changes/improvements to them
- Actively participate in infrastructure & security projects
- Supervision of the interventions of our external consultants
We offer you also various technical training courses, both internally and by our external consultants.
- You have obtained a bachelor or master degree in ICT, or are about to graduate in this domain or have already a first experience in infrastructure and security, for example through an internship
- Knowledge of VMware environments, including configuration and administration
- Prior experience with Microsoft Server 2016, Server Roles, Active Directory, Group Policy, Remote Desktop Services, IIS/Apache
- Knowledge about Cisco switching, CheckPoint Firewall, Pulse Secure VPN, F5 WAF is considered a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and effective verbal communication skills.
- Proactive attitude towards improving processes and finding new solutions to challenging business problems
- You are creative, solution-oriented and enjoy working within a multi-disciplinary team
- You are able to plan, coordinate and follow up your work and that of others
- You can express yourself in the English, Dutch and French language
My client is a sustainable growing insurance company with multiple technological challenges, where thrust and quality of life (flexible working hours, additional holidays, and an attractive working environment) are key factors. They offer a permanent contract with a competitive salary and a number of benefits in kind.