International corporate company in insurance sector.
- Project Planning - Facilitating the development of project plans and updating those plans in response to changing requirements
- Project Communication Management - Develop and execute a project communication strategy that establishes and maintains a shared understanding amongst key project stakeholders.
- Key project stakeholders includes, but is not limited to, Product Owners, Engineering Management, Sales and other team members assigned to relevant initiatives.
- Project Scope and Requirements Management - Managing the process for defining and scheduling requirements. Monitoring scope, updating plans and schedules as scope changes, and facilitating negotiations when scope changes conflict with other program constraints.
- Project Resource Management - Forecasting project resource requirements and managing the assignment and roll-off of resources. This includes both internal and external resources where external resources include contractors and the use of partners to whom work may be outsourced.
- Project Monitoring and Status Reporting - Effectively monitor and report on project progress.
- Project Risk Management - Provide effective and responsive identification, monitoring and response to project risks and issues both internal and external.
- Project Communications - Maintain a level of transparency that supports effective and efficient collaboration within the project and program team ensure timely and accurate information sharing with key stakeholders.
- Track record of helping projects meet aggressive timescales, while ensuring that high levels of quality are maintained.
- Extensive project management experience, ideally within a financial institution or financial software organization
- Exposure to IFRS 9 & 17, IFRS 4 or Solvency 2 is a Must
- Proven Ability to work with scheduling software (Planview) is a plus
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assure customer satisfaction.
- Proven relationship-building skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance relationships within the team, to build consensus and drive project forward.
- Experience developing and managing projected forecasts related to schedule, resources, etc. is required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to cross -functional technical and non-technical teams as well as Senior level business executives
- Possess strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop high quality project delivery
- Team player with management skills and the ability or potential to lead others
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic
- Proven relationship-building skills and full proficiency in English (verbal and written) are required for this Project Manager role (5-10 years' exp.) in order to build consensus and drive project forward in a transforming organization.
- In-depth knowledge/experience with IFRS and Solvency 2 as well as extensive PM experience within a financial institution are mandatory.
6-month freelance contract (extendable).