My client is a world leader in the automation of secure entrance control
Their large worldwide business network includes offices and subsidiaries in Belgium, France, Spain, United Kingdom, Canada and United States and 5 manufacturing plants. For ITS headquarters based in Wavre (Belgium), my client is currently looking for a system engineer.
- As System Engineer you are responsible for resolving escalated service issues, coaching other engineers or team members to resolutions, engineering, implementing and maintaining complex projects, and overseeing the technology in place.
- This role is a key position within the service department and will be called upon to resolve the highest level technical issues.
- The candidate must be able to travel to the different group subsidiaries a couple of times per year.
Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: connectivity, Routers, Firewalls, and security
- Internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL
- Virtualization technologies: Microsoft HyperV
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, Fortinet , Sophos Cyberoam
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Work level 3 escalated support issues with the appropriate partners
- Perform system and network maintenance & assessments,
- Work with the existing team to solve level 2 and level 3 issues
- Help design and implement IT projects and solutions for internal clients
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Be available for other members of the team and coach them to resolution
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a similar role
- Required Advanced Technical Proficiencies:
- Hyper-V, and Terminal Services
- Exchange Server 2008 - 2016
- Windows Server 2008 - 2016
- WAN Technology
- Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-spam, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies
- Organized and rigorous
- Be autonomous while being a team player.
- Good stress management
- Tasks and results oriented
- Take responsibility/initiative/ownership of projects
- Be an analytical thinker/Problem Solver/Decision Maker
- Have excellent time management/Resource management
- Positive mindset and active personality
- Good knowledge of French and English are required both written and spoken
- A permanent contract
- An opportunity to grow in a constantly evolving environment with many technologies involved
- A salary in accordance with your competences and other extra-benefits (Pension Plan, Hospitalization Insurance, luncheon vouchers, etc.)
- The position is to be filled as soon as possible