We are looking for an infrastructure technical architect with 5-10 years of experience, etc. You will design, coordinate, setup and support project infrastructure activities as well as guide the implementation of modern and flexible solutions (such as Amazon Web Services, Azure,...) according to agreed timelines and budgetary constraints.
Client in public sector located in Brussels.
In cooperation with the Enterprise Architecture team the Infrastructure designer / technical architect will:
- Translate high-level design into low-level (detailed) technical design
- Assess the technical feasibility of proposed solutions with regard to quality, cost and delivered strategic vision of the applications.
- Deliver detailed design documents in order to build solution according to the existing standards whereas automation is key.
- In collaboration with the service partners and Enterprise Architecture team, design and document the infrastructure foundations for database services, web services, networking services, Storage and backup services, communication services,...
- Coordinate the setup of the technical installation with the service partners...
- Follow-up all activities in conjunction with the delivered designs
- Write and document test scenarios and follow the execution with IT Operations team and service partners
- Mentor others in technology evaluations, technical designs, and technical implementations
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Software, etc.) required
- 10+ years of experience in multiple IT areas that include architecture, analysis, design, evaluation, and (small) development
- Can prove an active experience in following technologies:
- Experience with high volume data platforms, appliances, and technologies
- Experience with public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure...)
- Experience with RDBMS stacks (e.g.Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, postgress,...)
- Server: Linux, Windows, Virtualization (VMware, OpenStack...)
3-month freelance contract extendable.