MISSION iStorm is a Belgian IT & New Media recruitment agency, specialised in placing IT & New Media professionals in permanent roles across Belgium and Luxembourg. iStorm also helps companies to maximise their recruitment efficiency through the use of new web technologies and social media.
HISTORY The agency has been created by experts in IT & Social Media recruitment with over 15 years experience in the most respected IT recruitment companies. Next to their outstanding professional network, our consultants have proven competences and experience in their vertical field of expertise.
CANDIDATES iStorm is an officially registered recruitment agency in Flanders, Brussels and Wallonia. As such, we never send out any CVs before having fully presented both our client and the job content to candidates. Due to our specialization and our consultant's experience, we have an in-depth understanding of technical positions, and can advise our candidates in all areas, including salary negotiation.
iStorm - Web Application Infrastructure Engineer (Ref. CR1654874)
- My client Technology Services was created on 2002. It is a fully-owned Group subsidiary, providing Group companies the best IT and telecommunications infrastructure management services.
- Digital world is a booming market and my client is being presented on the net by its front-end and mobile applications. These applications interact as an interface to the customer and needs to be reliable, performing and flexible. The various platforms, hosting the applications, therefore require being robust and cost-efficient, standardized and automated for fast business enablement.
- The department "Application Services" provides daily services on distributed infrastructure solutions within the context of the supported technologies (WebLogic As, JBoss As, Apache, SharePoint, IIS...), under the governance of ITIL methodology. Additionally, the team is providing application platform monitoring services, using a bundle of tools and processes.
- All these solutions are in line with the Tech strategy, the local standard architecture, the operational guidelines of Operations Support and SLA's (productivity, quality...) agreed with the business.
As a web application infrastructure engineer, your role will be to
- Be in charge of the 2nd and 3rd level support of our various web application platforms mainly based on Web-Logic AS, JBoss AS and on Apache
- Implement solutions based on the mentioned technologies, in line with the company security guidelines
- Provide support to developers and testers from various company entities so as to ensure performance and availability of the tools
- Participate in standby and releases activities during weekends and nights
As a Web Application Infrastructure Engineer, you have
- 5 years of experience in IT environment or more
- At least 2 years of experience in the JEE domain
- Required knowledge of:
- Web Application Server (e.g. WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat)
- Apache Web Server
- Linux & Windows Server OS
- Web services concepts (e.g. SOAP, Rest)
- Security concepts (e.g. SSL, Certificates)
- Networking concepts (e.g. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, Loadbalancing, Firewalls)
- Scripting (Perl, Python, Shell...)
And you also are
- Active knowledge of Dutch or French with a passive of the other one. Active knowledge of English
- An Excellent communicator / Problem solver
- A Fast learner, capable of thinking out of the box, to build proper helicopter view
- A good team player
- A leader and you challenge colleagues to come to solutions.
Beside the ideal job here is the offers ...
- A competitive Compensation & Benefits package, including a series of personal advantages in line with the market
- A New World of Working offering, among others, flexible working hours and places, as well as 'activity based' working spaces
- Broad evolution possibilities and important internal mobility market allowing to build an exciting career within the Group
- Intensive well-being policy
- In addition, most of all, a great work atmosphere and nice colleagues!