In order to address their operational challenges, our client is definitely focusing on an in-depth IT transformation and innovation heavily focused on digitalization. To promote this transformation, our client is actively looking for an Application Engineer.
Your responsibilities include:
- The requirements' analysis , development, documentation, testing and maintenance of applications in agreement with the needs of the company and in collaboration with internal users (including operational working sites)
- The guidance of the internal users of the application (training, monitoring and resolution of incidents, needs analysis).
- The monitoring of these applications to ensure their availability, performance, stability and overall end-to-end resilience (in collaboration with the infrastructure team).
- Contacts with suppliers of external software and platforms (reporting and follow-up of incidents, optimization of platforms, etc.).
- The participation in the planning of computer specifications.
- The alignment with other Group IT teams.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science
- Fluent in Dutch and work proficiency in French and English
- Technical skills:
- 3-5 years experience in one or more of the following technical areas.
- Application development; Project management.
- Environments: Windows, SharePoint.
- Development technologies: Oracle PL-SQL, virtualization, Web / HTML.
- Systems: ERP - Agresso, etc.
- New technologies: Digitalisation, Internet of Objects, Cloud, Ebusiness, Mobile applications.
- Principles: Software Development Life Cycle.
- Soft skills:
- Clear and effective communication skills; Reporting (progress reports, etc.).
- Problem solving.
- Customer and results oriented, with a constant concern for quality.
- Strong professional ethic.
- Teamwork, knowledge sharing; Capacities for coordination and supervision of development activities.
- Internal negotiating capabilities.
- Proactive and creative.
- Time management, respect of schedules and priorities.
- Coaching capacity (IT staff, users).
Internal position in Belgium, with travel to our operational working sites.