Integrated within the headquarters ICT Systems & Applications team, the ICT Analyst/Developer will Support his colleagues in the development of in-house projects and application technical Support. Besides supporting users giving the necessary training and documentation, you will gradually work on other aspect of the projects including business analysis and application architecture design.
The Natural learning process, the contact with users and the help of the team will bring you to a maturity at mid-term where we expect you to Support the ICT Application Manager in the following duties:
- Assist in the definition of the business case for innovative projects and elicit, organize, translate and simplify them into requirements
- Analyse, Design and implement new services, integrations, and interfaces with applications and systems.
- Document, train and Support the users
- Establish relations with different operational stakeholders in order to Support in the design and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture
- Support in the definition of strategies, policies, and procedures and anticipate requirements.
We are looking for a forward thinking and enthusiastic candidate, inspired by MSF social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
Education and experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related fields.
- Initial experience of at least 3 years in software development / application Support / business analysis.
- Experience with MSF or other NGO's in similar contexts will be an advantage.
- Languages: good command of English, French is an asset
- You are autonomous, you are passionate by technology, and you are a team player.
- You are able to adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people.
- You are an active listener.
- You are humble and you want to keep learning.
- You are open to share your ideas.
- Adhere to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust, Empowerment.
- Experience in Object Oriented programming (PHP, Java, .NET, Python)
- Web Services: Rest, SOAP
- Experience in database design, development and analysis of data inquiry needs
- Good understanding of Web/Application
- A working knowledge of Unix environment
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle
- Open ended contract - Full time - based in Brussels (Ixelles)
- Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - Subsidised canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: as soon as possible, 1st of June the latest
- Deadline for applications: 08/04/2018
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to be sent by e-mail via the button below with “ICT Ana/Dev” in the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted