The purpose of the ICT Infrastructure team is to select, implement, and maintain adapted technology for physical and virtual resources to support MSF operations and functions. This includes MSF data center(s), servers & computing, networks & communications, Storage, security, back-up, as well as disaster recovery plans. This team provides 3rd level support in collaboration with the ICT Support Desk and aims to continuously improve and adapt our technology set-up according to systems and applications evolving landscape.
As ICT Infrastructure Team Leader, you contribute to the ICT Unit operational and strategic management as member of the coordination team. As such, you are the main driver for the definition and continuous review of the MSF ICT infrastructure roadmap (physical and virtual resources) to support the evolution of the overall IS architecture.
At macro level, you proactively collaborate with different MSF entities on problem solving, shared services provisioning, identification of possible synergies & overlaps in the current setup, as well as proposing improvements. You also contribute to relevant international projects.
As ICT Infrastructure Team Leader, you will mainly collaborate with 3 neighboring IT services: HQ support team, field support team and DevOps team. The ICT Infrastructure team will provide a platform and collaborate with the DevOps team to enable efficient & secure deployment and will have a leading role in defining the needed tools to create a coherent ecosystem for MSF global infrastructure. Close collaboration with the Security Referent is vital.
Strategy and planning
- Provide technical and ICT operational expertise for definition of the ICT strategy, yearly action plan and objectives
- Translate ICT strategic goals into phased and prioritized action plan
- Participate in ICT strategic/program/project committees to which he is appointed
- Act as budget holder for the ICT Infrastructure cost center and contribute to the construction, follow up and analysis of the consolidated ICT Unit budget
- Proactively follow technology evolutions and evaluate their fit with MSF ICT infrastructure needs
- Support ICT innovation and organizational learning - ideas, projects, tests, and proof of concepts
Team and project management
- Manage the ICT Infrastructure team and provide 3d level technical support
- Assure daily management of ICT Infrastructure services and related applications
- Define an appropriate set of resources (technical & HR) and competences (internal and/or external) needed to implement and support ICT infrastructure, as well as to be able to respond to critical situations and urgent issues related to ICT infrastructure
- Participate in the design and implementation of projects to improve the existing ICT services performance (quality, cost, dependability, speed, flexibility)
- Review and validate technical requirements for projects with impact on ICT infrastructure
- Evaluate the technical components of new solutions before implementation
- Contribute to the development of efficient IT Service standards, rules and procedures in close collaboration with ICT Support Desk and DevOps Team
- Liaise with external entities (service providers, integrators, vendors, consultants, partners, etc.). Manage selection, negotiations, collaboration, and contracts
- Guarantee proper asset management for ICT Infrastructure assets
- Guarantee operational continuity and 3d level internal and/or external support for critical services such as: email, servers & computing, network & communications, Storage, security, back-up, as well as disaster recovery plans
- Provide operational support to international projects
Education & Experience:
- Master's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong experience in managing a team
- Experience from working with Infrastructure Operations
- Linux and Windows operating system expertise
- A project management certification is a plus
- Fluent in written as well as spoken English, French is an asset
- Solid knowledge of Windows SCCM and open source solutions for configuration management (for example Nix), elastic scaling, service discovery and cloud management
- Knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestrators like Kubernetes or Nomad
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code methodologies
- Knowledge of enterprise networking architectures and their security properties
- Knowledge and experience of industry leading public IaaS solutions (AWS / Azure...)
- Ability to spot improvement areas and have a strong drive to change those to the better
- Innovative and solutions oriented with the ability and passion to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Expected starting date: 22/03/2021
- Open Ended contract (CDI), based in Brussels, Belgium
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ Grid - Hospital insurance (DKV) - Pension plan - 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs.
Deadline for applications: 07/03/2021
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter via the button below before 07/03/2021 and mention “ICT Infrastructure Team Leader” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.