Building and implementing a next-generation video backend platform using micro services developed in Node.js, connecting different underlying components and applications.
- Striving for high quality coding and maximizing the unit tested coverage to deliver solutions that are defect free.
- Validating business requirements and defining the system design, in close collaboration with the solution architects.
- Providing support to analyze, solve and follow-up on complex technical incidents.
- Maintaining contact with internal clients about the right scope of different technical needs and providing clear communication and solutions.
- Automate and streamlining existing development processes, procedures, and toolsets.
- As Scrum master, you ensure that the team work is well organized and the flow of work is continuously improved.
- You have a higher education, Bachelor/Master in Computer Science or equivalent by experience.
You have +5 years of experience in backend development in an OO environment, using a variety of following technologies
- Java: J2EE, Spring, Hibernate...
- Web Services: Rest, SOAP
- Test frameworks & code quality: JUnit, Mockito, istanbul, mocha, chai, eslint,...
- Application Design: MVC, Service Oriented Architectures (RESTful web services, Micro services, Message bus, etc.)
- Database technologies: SQL (MySQL or alike), NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis or alike)
- Knowledge of Node.js (+/- 2 years) is required.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing or resourcing (such as Docker, Amazon Web Services, Firebase) is a plus.
- Proven track record in developing high quality, performant, and maintainable applications
- Solid understanding of Version Control systems such as GIT and Subversion.
- Experience with continuous integration and build process automation (Jenkins, Bamboo...)
- Experience using different development methodologies including Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development.
- You have a passion for applications and innovations in online media.
You're fluent in English and Dutch.
A challenging software development opportunity in a high-tech media company.
Next to a full salary package (car included), you can count on flexibility, learning opportunities, career planning, team building and a delicious company restaurant.