Modis - System Engineer
This is a very interesting opportunity for an experienced System Engineer. Also the opportunity to work in one of the Top Employers in Belgium. Market leader, large offer of products and services, home working flexibility and many other advantages for a passionate people. Attitude, communication skills, experience and team-spirit are required.Willing to take the challenge? Read much more further and click on apply!
Our client is international and a great place to work. Top Employer since already several years, the company's core business is Information, Consulting services and Customized IT solutions for SME and professionals.
- As a Senior System Engineer, you have product accountability for all required changes impacting the System Team.
- You assist in building, maintaining and using the development infrastructure for continuous integration, continuous deployments, performance testing and automated end-to-end solution testing, including tooling and processes.
- You assist with the releases and coordination of integrating different solutions and/or products, follow-up on NFR's and integrations requirements, support the Release Train Engineer in order to assure releases are timely announced according to the Release policy guidelines and sign-off software releases.
- You report to the management, attend dashboard meetings, keep track of KPI's and escalate problems when needed.
- You fine-tune the vision, budget requirements, license management related to the tools used within the division (SVN, Jira, TeamCity, Maven, Nexus, NuGet, self-made Quality Frameworks, and tools/reports used to support the management, the process, the software quality control and the end-to-end solution testing.
- You take ownership and establish vision in technical aspects of key programs such as the "lift and shift to the Cloud" or "data center consolidation".
- You provide operational support towards all different Agile teams, hands-on guidance through the bigger picture and assure the operational execution in line with what has been defined in the QMS.
- You challenge functional designs when they impact the development infrastructure and/or the budget.
- You define the future strategies to optimize the infrastructure, tooling and processes.
You are the good one when you can attest of:
- a degree in Computer Science/Economics/Management/Financial Services
- an experience with information technology
- excellent experience with all aspects of SDLC
- focus on automation/scalability
- a good understanding on current and emerging technologies that affect the products or the way the Scrum teams work.
- a thorough understanding of project management.
- Exposure to standards like Lean, Agile, Scrum and/or Certification in one or more of these areas are a plus.
- relevant working experience as a Product Owner holding product backlog responsibility is a plus.
- You feel comfortable with stakeholder and management reporting and presentations.
- You are responsible, methodical and organised, with a can-do mentality.
- You act as a continual improvement role model.
- You are able to meet reasonable deadlines, and to solve problem creatively and analytically (out-of-the-box thinking).
- Language: excellent written and spoken English communication.
You feel immediately part of dynamic and winning team in an ambitious company. As one of the Top Employers in Belgium, be sure, balanced work life balance is there, with flexible solutions such as home working, flexible hours. Besides a very nice work environment, the company is providing you with lot of training and incentives in order to support you in your daily work life and professional growth.
Via the button below.