Montreal Associates is looking for an IT Infrastructure Architect Cloud for a client based in Brussels.
The IT Infrastructure Architect will provide analytical and systems expertise in a broad range of disciplines to support the design, installation and maintenance of technology solutions across the enterprise to fulfill continuous growing business needs. Your main motivation is to ensure availability, integrity, security and performance of the Client Infrastructure.
- Participate in the design and implementation of Enterprise Infrastructure solutions, translating business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives, in alignment with Enterprise strategy and reference architecture;
Develop reference architectures (patterns, standards, implementation guides);
Analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement such as improving business processes, expanding capacity, increasing availability, and increasing effectiveness;
Ensure continuity across programs through standards enforcement ;
Provide documentation / linkage between requirements and integration components;
Assist the infrastructure teams to follow-up, report and plan the capacity/performance of our infrastructure on the short term and long term based on predicted growth;
Understand, advocate and ensure the compliance of our infrastructure with the highest level of security imposed by our sensitive business activities and industry standards (PCI/DSS);
Serve as a principal member of multiple project teams, providing leadership in infrastructure design; partner with business and technology colleagues and management to provide direction and strategy on complex issues.
- Higher education in IT/Engineering or equivalent by experience;
- At least 6-7 years of experience in IT Architecture;
- Last 3 years spent in an Infrastructure Architect position in a mission critical environment with 24/7/365 availability requirements;
- Fluent level in English (written & spoken); good knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a big asset;
- Practical experience working with an IT Service Management framework like ITIL;
- Used to work in a project context, and to propose and adhere to a realistic planning;
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability , with strong stress resistance;
- Thorough, methodical and business minded;
- Networking and Security: General networking (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/S, SMTP, FTP, tunneling), Firewall and VPN (CheckPoint, Juniper), routing & Switching (Cisco), load balancing (F5), BGP, SSL Certificates, proxy (Bluecoat), Web application Firewalls, vulnerability scanning and remediation, log correlation and event alerting systems, network monitoring;
- Server: Virtualization (VMware ESX), MS Windows Server (2008/2012/2016), backup/restore and assorted operations, deployment, system monitoring;
- Experience with automation tools, infrastructure as code and open-source solutions;
- The AWS Solution Architect certification is a nice to have.
- Location : Brussels
- Duration : Permanent
- Starting date : ASAP
- Reference: Lval - 38421
If you are interested by this position of IT Infrastructure Architect - Applications and available, you can send your updated CV via the button below.
Montreal Associates (Systems) Ltd and its affiliates Montreal Associates GMBH and Montreal Associates (Systems) S.L., operate Employment Businesses and Agencies (collectively referred for the purpose of this disclaimer as the "Montreal Associates Group"). All personal data received from applicants to the roles we advertise will be treated in accordance with the Montreal Associates Group's Privacy Notice which can be found on our company website.
By submitting personal data to any company within the Montreal Associates Group, the applicant is explicitly agreeing to the use of such data by the Montreal Associates Group and to the transfer of such data to and from the Montreal Associates Group companies within the UK and Europe in connection with the fulfilment of the applicant's voluntary requests, and the fulfilment of other job opportunities that match the applicant's profile, and confirms that they may be contacted about such job opportunities. We will not pass the applicant's data to any third party without their verbal or written permission to do so.