For a client based in Brussels, we are looking for a Tools Software Engineer who will work with a team of world-class experts and you will analyze, prototype and develop critical software tools.
It's the perfect place to bring your passion for complex technological challenges into play and learn new skills in a family-minded, cutting-edge and very dynamic atmosphere.
Start date : January 2021
Location : Brussels
Employment type : permanent (CDI /undetermined duration contract)
Reporting to the QA Manager, you create and execute the test specifications (or test plan) at system, software and software component level.
- You analyze system/software/software component specification to produce the system/software/software component test specification.
- You execute the test specification on the ETCS/software/ software component.
- You propose new test technology to be used and deployed.
- You are the counterpart of the development team , ensuring all the development is correct, compared with the specification.
- You are based in Brussels, Belgium. You could travel up to 20%
- Master degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science, or are a system engineer who can demonstrate coding skills.
- You have 3+ years experience in testing activities
- Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of any other European language is a plus.
- You are familiar with the requirements for developing critical software products, and have ideally participated in such development.
- You are fluent with Agile development techniques, such as - but not limited to - TDD, CI/CD, SCM using GIT, etc.
- You took part, as tester, in the development of real-time distributed systems, preferably in railway, automotive or aerospace industry.
- Knowledge of model-based systems engineering is a plus.
- Experience in Python coding is a plus
- You enjoy to go "hands on" when needed. You understand the criticality of testing, and are able to define the reasonable limit where testing activities stop, considering their purpose in the development of the product.
- You are a team player. You admit that you can be wrong when a team member has a better idea.