- This person will provide direct Support and advice to the infrastructure portfolio management activity within Isd sector. This implies keeping an overview of the different projects involving infrastructure, including all on-going and future projects undertaken by Isd contractors and ensure they are managed in a coherent and coordinated way. It also implies reporting and participation on coordination meetings so as to ensure proper communication and operational awareness of all issues and risks at program and portfolio level.
- The person shall also provide Support and contribute to the maintenance of infrastructure architectures (DC Architectures, SOA Middleware, security etc.) in order to enable a comprehensive understanding of structures and components used in infrastructure and identification of potential weaknesses and areas of improvement.
- In addition to this the person shall review systems and application architectures with the main objective of providing assessment of their feasibility and operability in infrastructure; and will ensure the required controls are defined and deployed in order to guarantee the good management of the said systems and applications.
- The tasks will also include advice and Support on punctual technical aspects that require the high level of expertise as for example: Data centres infrastructure design, Hardware and Middleware operational problems assessment, impact assessment of Middleware or infrastructure changes or IT processes implementation.
- Technical document production or review (service design, transition, operation)
- Communications and reporting
- Enterprise Architecture and portfolio related advice and validation on project proposals
- Reference person for all matters related to Middleware technologies
- Contribution and Support to infrastructure architecture definition and evolution.
- Support to specific Isd projects in highly specialised topics, especially those related to Middleware operational activities but also including network and Hardware issues.
- Contribution to the provision of original or alternative proposals and solutions to raised requirements affecting DCS Hardware, network or Middleware components.
- Assessment (e.g. of changes and project) in terms of plan, effort, dependencies and impact
- Middleware (preferably Oracle Fusion), databases, applications security
- Networking, network security