The Office of the Secretary General (OSG) of the European Schools is looking for
A System Engineer with strong knowledge in Networks
in charge of the management of the system infrastructure of the European schools
(Full-time post - 37.50h/week)
The European Schools are an intergovernmental organisation offering a multilingual and multicultural education. We have 13 schools in 6 different European countries with more than 27000 students. The Office of the Secretary General of the European Schools is in charge of the management of the European Schools.
The ICT Unit manages the systems, communications, security and development of the applications for the administration of the 13 schools.
The System Engineer with strong knowledge in Networks will be part of a team of 15 people in the ICT Unit, of whom 4 in the systems department in the Headquarters in Brussels and will be able to work both independently and as part of a team. She/he will be under the responsibility of the Manager of System Unit and the Head of IT Unit.
Management of the system's infrastructure of the European Schools.
- Active Directory, GPO, Hyper-V, DFS, DNS, Exchange 2013, System Center, FTP and Web-servers and general system administration.
- Incident management (Support to the IT staff in the schools and the end users).
- Close collaboration with Microsoft PFE.
Management of the security's infrastructure of the European Schools.
- Firewall and proxy management (Cisco ASA, Juniper, MS ADFS, MS Exchange Edge).
- Analysis of security logs.
- Detection and analysis of security incidents.
Management of the communication infrastructure of the European Schools.
- Management of the current network infrastructure of the OSG (LAN and WiFi network).
- Management of the current network infrastructure of the 13 other sites (WAN).
- Design and implementation of the new network infrastructure.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex networks.
- Bachelor in IT (minimum 3 years of higher education).
- Preferably with at least 2 years experience as Network (Cisco) and/or System Engineer (Microsoft).
- Strong knowledge in Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016, MS Exchange 2013, Active Directory, MS Office 365, MS SQL Server 2012 Always On Availability Groups.
- Proven knowledge of PowerShell.
- System Center 2012 and 2016, especially SCCM.
- Deep knowledge in network (Site to site VPN (IPsec), Cisco routing and Switching, ASA, Juniper, OSPF).
- Good knowledge of Linux.
- CCNA could be an asset.
- Your working method includes a sense of initiative and you are proactive. You are open to new ideas and have a positive outlook. You participate in the new projects related to these duties, as team worker or as project responsible. You write technical documentation on the different projects you worked on and keep them up-to-date. ? You have opportunities for development towards other responsibilities, depending on your skills and your personality.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- This role may require occasional visits/missions to our other sites in Europe.
- Good communication skills. Advanced independent user (min. level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in French or in English and Intermediate independent user (min. B1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) of the other language.
- Other European languages will be a plus.
- Permanent contract under the Belgian law.
- Challenging and dynamic job in an international environment.
- Possibilities for a personal development. Top-level trainings.
- Possibility of free school admission in the European schools for employee's children for the duration of your contract.
Interested? Fill out the online form and send your application via the button below, by 5 April 2019 at the latest!