Pauwels Consulting is a Belgian consulting firm with more than 520 experts in engineering, life sciences and IT. We offer consulting, project management and recruitment services to leading companies in Belgium and beyond. We have offices in Belgium, France, Germany and Switzerland.
- Design, develop, implement and operate highly-scalable, high-performance, accurate data pipelines in distributed data processing platforms with AWS technologies such as AWS Glue, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR, Amazon Athena, Amazon SageMaker, Amazon S3 and more
- Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain & demonstrate efficiency in handling data - tracking data lineage, ensuring the improvement of data discoverability
- Having an extensive experience with strategy, design, development, and implementation, combined with deep knowledge not only in the use of products and services from the Amazon/AWS technology stack, but also Big Data, NoSQL technologies and modern scripting languages.
- Collaborating across several areas at the client to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon requirements.
- 7+ Years of experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of data both structured and unstructured
- 7+ years working with data engineering activities in Big Data engineering, ETL development, data modeling, and data warehousing.
- Solid Cloud computing experience in AWS - from a data management perspective & own the AWS certification
- Demonstrated strength in SQL, Python/Spark scripting, Scala, and Java
- Fluent in English and good level in French or Dutch
- Challenging projects based on your interests and skills
- Personal follow-up and clear, transparent communication both before and after commencement of employment
- Possibility to follow extra training
- Inspiring network events and legendary after work drinks
- Strong network of industry leading clients
- Expertise within IT, Engineering and Life Sciences
- A flying start for every junior, growth opportunities and possibility to share gathered knowledge for more senior employees