The purpose of the function
The Solution Analyst (SA) analyzes and translates the functional and non-functional "requirements" in a functional/technical related design, taking into account the context (existing architecture, existing other projects, technical possibilities and limitations, etc.). The SA also implements and maintains specific applications/configurations, provides end-user support within his / her scope.
Review the high-level business requirements (written by Business)
- Critically evaluate the requirements, prioritize the requirements (get a validation on the Minimal Viable Product).
Participate in defining, weighing and checking the scope of the project.
Write the detailed requirements by e.g. translating the high-level requirements into user stories.
- Ensure that the detailed requirements are understood by appropriate parties, from a functional point of view.
- Impact analysis (root cause analysis -> solution design)
- Propose alternatives for solutions where needed.
- Take charge in finding the relevant functional and technical information, given that there is not a lot of documentation foreseen, the knowledge is mostly shared amongst the people
- Quickly resume the required information and acquire the necessary knowledge to perform the functional analysis
- Perform functional analysis of the systems in cooperation with the business representatives
- Organize, if necessary, review cycle(s) with appropriate parties
- Take the final responsibility regarding the quality of the functional phase with the aim of determining the potential functional changes and / or improvements to the subsystems as well (impact analysis / gap analysis)
- Document the outcomes of the functional analyses extensively
- Perform a technical analysis of the systems
- Assess whether technical analysis meets the functional requirements.
- Take the final responsibility for the quality of the technical phase and thus ensure the development of a manageable system that meets the standards and can integrated into the landscape of existing IT systems.
- Organize if necessary, review cycle(s) with appropriate parties.
- Adjust parameters/configuration in systems. For example for tarifications in our databases
Compliance with Standards:
Work in line with the standards that apply within the company, actively monitor the implementation of standards to develop applications in a uniform way.
- Deliver workload estimates for writing out both Functional and Technical Analysis, based upon high-level requirements.
- Deliver workload estimates for Build & Unit Testing en System Testing (incl System Integration Testing)
- Ensure the follow-up of several project phases e.g. able in leading daily meetings when working in sprints (scrums) during the Solution Design phase or able in acting as Scrum Master's substitute where required.
- Support the project management and planning so that the project is in line with the agreed standards, keeping in mind the priority, budget, desired completion date and relevance.
- Participate to any project phase where required e.g. key actor in testing phases (System testing, UAT, etc.) by analyzing defects and providing solutions.
- Act as a key actor on projects together with the Project Manager, Scrum Master and Test Coordinator along all projects.
- Dutch / French : native language with a good knowledge of the other language.
- English : good knowledge.
- Master IT or similar due to experience
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar functional and technical function
- Extensive knowledge of Non-Life / Claims products (minimum 3 years of relevant experience)
- Good transversal insurance knowledge (other than Non-Life Domains)
Experience with Enterprise Architect & Jira
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
Very strong analytical skills
- Flexible, fast thinking mindset
- Proactive, Agile mindset: looking further than own tasks, helping on achieving a good team result
- Accurate way of working
- Experience with Scrum
Nice to have
- Experience in Mainframe / CICS environments
- Experience with commercial Front applications
- Guidewire knowledge (PolicyCenter, Billing Center, Product, Portals, Batches, Integration)