Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
In the context of the new "Shift to Digital" Strategy, Proximus will increasingly leverage on Business Intelligence activities to make informed business decisions (=analyses of data and presentation of actionable information).
The "Business Analytics & Reporting Hub" Manager will transform and coordinate BI activities across the business units, ensure optimal split of tasks between BI teams to maximize business impact, maximise synergies and transparency, minimise redundancy, enforce standardization & adoption of best practices, and identify new opportunities in BI domain.
The BI community in scope for work, tools & process standardization and coordination represents 150+ employees at Proximus.
The "Business Analytics & Reporting Hub" Manager will report to the Director Corporate Strategy & Market Insights and work in close cooperation with the BI teams in the business units and the Chief Data Officer (CDO) organisation. The goal will be to ultimately improve the return on investment from BI activities.
The "Business Analytics & Reporting Hub" Manager
- Implements the overall BI strategy and change plan
- Defines standard methodology for reporting and basic analytics (enforce standardization), ensures consistency across Bus
- Maintains overview of all outputs produced by BI teams and monitors reporting usage and relevance, rationalizes reporting and ad-hoc analysis needs and establishes clear and consistent prioritization process
- Documents and communicates best practices used by BI teams.
- Facilitates upskilling and knowledge sharing among BI groups, designs user training programs in collaboration with corporate training dept
- Ensures fit between business needs and BI infrastructure, resources, tools and processes:
- Assign SPOCs across business units as primary contacts for data and analytics-related questions, in collaboration with Data Governance Team
- Defines, together with Its tools Competence Centre, the strategy and evolution of reporting tools and their positioning in the business units
- Represents BI teams vs CDO and Its teams and collaborates with CDO to establish standards for scripting, environment setup, infrastructure maintenance, documentation, metadata repository and data governance
- Establishes, in collaboration with Data Quality Team, quality assurance task force and defines Quality Control standards
- Ensures consolidation / cleaning of datamarts into sustainable data components and defines reusability strategy for those data components.
The "Business Analytics & Reporting Hub" Manager will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 12-15 years of broad BI experience complemented with:
- Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner
- Proven experience aligning business and technical needs in one integrated roadmap
- Proven experience in BI processes management
- Awareness of available IT-BI market solutions from major vendors and alternatives to those
- Awareness of the possibilities and constraints of new open source technologies regarding standard analytics & reporting, for discovery but also for industrialization, and make it work
- Ability to see quick wins on short term ('Sprint'), have a solid vision on the longer term ('marathon'), and achieve progress on both levels requiring a different approach
- Demonstrated excellence in managing data and information
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- He/She is a team player who is committed to lifelong learning
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills and experience in change management
- Master level in business, finance and/or IT management
- Fluent in English, Dutch and French
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.