An excellent opportunity has arisen inside the Data Governance & Quality Team for a brilliant Data Governance Manager. This role sits within a new and dynamic team, tasked with the delivery of a better data life within Proximus. This vision translates into the delivery of self-services solutions to ease the usage and consumption of data and the delivery of structural improvements of its quality so that data workers can act on it and unlock its value.
Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
Who we are
Within the ARP department (Architecture, Roadmap & Program) of the TEC business unit, the Data Governance & Quality Team is in charge of providing governed self-services to the data community so that this community can act on data and unleash its value. These self-services consist in defining & assigning new roles & responsibilities within Proximus so that data is managed as an enterprise asset, providing tools and solutions to support and ease the exploitation of data (MSS, PCB, Collibra, Emss), acting as a change agent to turn Proximus into a data driven corporation and provide the right level of formalization and controls to ensure right data quality for the right purpose and the compliance with policies and standards.
The team plays also a key role in delivering the vision of the Data Transformation program: "leverage data at speed and at scale to unlock its value".
- The Data Governance Manager works in an Agile team and contribute to the roll-out of a corporate Data Governance into the company.
- She/he contributes to the definition and implementation of the self-services part of the corporate governance (business glossary, data inventory, metadata management...) and support its roll-out in business and IT teams.
- In his role, she/he contributes to the definition of the data governance processes within Proximus (data discovery process, data exploration process, demand management...) and ensure their relevance towards the business.
- She/he gathers the requirements from the data communities, translate them into a Data Governance Roadmap and enrich the product backlog in a continuous improvement spirit.
- She/he captures the needs of Proximus data workers and she/he is able to look for creative and simple solutions to meet them.
- She/he builds an end-to-end view on the data needs and is proactive in the proposition of new actions to overcome potential issues on short and long term.
- She/he ensure the delivery of the product backlog together with the IT teams and the integration of new functionalities into the Data Management Tools (MSS, Emss, Collibra...).
- She/he can monitors the respect of the governance, raise issues in a timely manner to propose a solution to them and measure results against the data governance objectives of efficiency, standardization, re-use and compliance.
- She/he guides and coach others in the field of data governance and creates user guides and training to support the adoption of the tools that the team provides to the community.
- She/he is responsible of the adoption of the data management tools under his ownership.
- She/he is a change agent in turning Proximus into a data driven organization.
- She/he works closely with IT & business teams in order to facilitate the evolution and the compliance when processing data in line with the Legal and Security constraints as well as the internal naming conventions.
- She/he is contributes to the improvement of data quality and understands how to turn governance is a key enabler towards this objective.
- She/he is the link between the Data Governance & Quality Team and the business and is a key contributor and facilitator of the roll-out of the company-wide data governance.
- She/he handles the access management to the data stored on our Datawarehouse and Big Data platforms and ensure the application of the need to know principle.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics or 5 year relevant experience in product management, analyst (IT/BI), data science, development (IT/BI).
- You have strong analytical skills and you are able to understand the impact of data in achieving business objectives and to translate them into concrete data needs and actions.
- You have a good understanding of the main business processes and IT systems involved along the data LifeCycle.
- You see direct value in compliance as a business enabling activity and are at ease with regulation (e.g. GDPR, Eprivacy) and principles (e.g. Chinese wall).
- Your oral/written communication is excellent & balanced with assertiveness & respect.
- You are constructive and pragmatic when solving problems in a customer centric way.
- You are autonomous, efficient and organized and you can respect deadlines.
- You make it happen and you are perseverant until you reach your goals.
- You are stress resistant and flexible.
- You are able to work in a collaborative and service-oriented spirit.
- You have a learning attitude and an open mind.
- You are fluent in French, Dutch and English.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.