Monitoring and Development Engineer
We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
You will join the "Corporate Network and Security" (CNS) Operation team within the"Cloud Service Center" (CSC) department. The Corporate Network and Security infrastructure carries internal traffic and provides connectivity & security services to Proximus and affiliates.
Your most important challenges will be
- Support and further develop the Network and Security Monitoring platform's and provisioning tools.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Create new monitoring checks on our security and network monitoring platform's in order to proactively tackle any infrastructure weakness.
- Improve monitoring templates to further improve standards monitoring across the entire network and security devices.
- Create technical documentation and train colleagues on the usage of new templates or new software you develop.
- Maintain and further develop provisioning scripts for automated provisioning of Firewall rules and forward proxy in both our private cloud networks (SDN) and legacy networks.
- Create and maintain network/security documentation for both the infrastructure and the major applications of our internal customers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline and 2 years working in IP network & security related disciplines.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, including Internet protocols TCP/IP & SNMP and the OSI stack model.
- Strong knowledge of Linux.
- Strong scripting skills in multiple common programming languages (e.g. Python, PHP, Ansible, Bash).
- Good knowledge of the follow software & technologies is a plus: Splunk, MRTG, Syslogng, Solarwind Orion, Groundwork, Zenoss, BlueCoat Proxy, Algosec Firewall analyzer and fireflow.
- You're fluent in English and in French or Dutch. You have good verbal and written communication skills.
- You are open, pragmatic and results-oriented.
- You have good analytical skills and you're able to work under pressure to handle top priorities incidents.
- You are an excellent team player.
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers.
We offer you
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, Telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.