We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
We conceive and design the IT solutions for the Network Inventory Systems, in order to support the "network construction" and the "Order fulfilment" value streams, ensuring the quality and sustainability of these IT solutions as well as the compatibility with the enterprise architecture and strategy.
Some major Network Inventory systems within our domain are amongst others
- Inventory for copper cables and physical network infrastructure (with GIS component)
- Inventory for Fiber to the Home (FTTH) (with GIS component)
Scope of responsibilities
- You will do the intake, analyse the requirements and define the capabilities or features to be implemented within the Network Inventory Systems for various projects, and provide high-level IT estimates,
- in close collaboration with the product owner(s), users, the process managers, the Project Manager and the development teams
- ounderstanding and also challenging the business needs
- ensuring the quality of the solution and the compatibility of the solution with the enterprise architecture and roadmaps
- It concerns mainly major network and service evolution projects:
- Projects for rolling out new Telecom network infrastructure. For instance for the new Fibre To The Home and Fibre To The Business Networks, which are major network investments for the coming decade.
- Projects for the configuration and documentation of new services (e.g. High Speed Internet on VDSL2, (U)Hdtv, Fibre To The Home, ...) in the context of order fulfilment and assurance value streams
- You will specifically need to focus on network design capabilities, and the IT solutions to further automate network design.
- You will refine the features and user stories in the backlog or review use cases and functional design(s) that have been developed in the domain's teams for the projects you are involved in.
- You will review the acceptance criteria or test scenarios and/or you verify the execution of these tests within our domain for the projects you are involved in.
- You participate to the preparation of the cost estimates and the planning of new projects
- You provide when needed support to solve operational IT issues, detected on one of our inventory systems
- Master Degree in Computer Sciences or Telecom or equivalent by experience
- Min. 3 years of experience as (functional) analyst/architect
- Strong analytic skills
- Knowledge of analysis techniques such as use cases and data modelling techniques (e.g. UML), and Web services (SOA, rest) is a plus
- You take initiatives and systematically drive for results
- You dispose of a positive and creative mind set
- You dispose of good communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- You are able to understand business drivers and recommend cost effective options in response to business needs, challenging the business priority when needed.
- You are able to prioritize and meet deliverables in a demanding environment.
- You can work independently
- Other skills:
- Good knowledge of Telecom networks (xDSL, Fiber) and Telecom processes (provisioning, service activation, assurance) is a very useful asset
- Fluent in English (oral/written) Preferably good knowledge of Dutch and/or French
We offer you
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers.
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, Telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.