We open up a world of digital opportunities so people live better and work smarter.
We are a Telecom & ICT company operating in Belgium and on the international markets, providing services to consumers, businesses and the public sector.
Our advanced interconnected fixed and mobile networks offer access anywhere and anytime to digital services and data, as well as to a broad offering of multimedia content. We invest in future-proof networks and innovative solutions, creating the foundations for sustainable growth.
Proximus strives to bring people closer together. That's the foundation of everything we do. But there's so much more we do so people can live better and work smarter!
With us, you get the freedom to have a real impact on the lives of our customers because they are our central focus, in everything we do.
At Proximus, we are building the best Gigabit Network for Belgium & accelerating the fiber and 5G roll-out. This network will be unmatched in terms of capabilities, unavoidable on the long run and open to all. We will operate like a "digital native" company, becoming leaner, legacy free and truly fit for a digital world. As Solution Architect, you will help translate those complex & new business needs into end-to-end IT solutions.
The solution architect team currently counts 45 specialists & experts. It is working in IT solutions supporting areas such as new digital approaches, sales and customer service, the fixed and mobile networks of the future (Fibre & 5G) and innovative solutions for the residential (E.g. Android TV,...), professional (e.g. ICT workplace, security, SD-WAN,...) and wholesale market.
As solution architect, operating in Agile context, you are in contact with multiple stakeholders: network, product and services, process experts, IT experts, latest digital technologies, AI... You drive those interactions & help assess functional & non-functional requirements, cost versus benefit... It will be key to understand what the business needs and together with the Domain & Application Analysts define efficient IT solutions. They must be future proof & aligned with the Enterprise Architecture.
- You understand, analyze and challenge the business needs.
- Before the start of a project, you make a first assessment by defining a high-level solution and give a guess-estimate (Intake process).
- You elaborate the end-to-end IT Solution Architecture in close collaboration with the IT delivery teams considering business (functional) and operational (non-functional) requirements.
- You design the IT solution aligned with the target architecture defined by the Enterprise Architect.
- You support the IT solution development, testing and implementation.
- You share your experience with your colleague Solution Architects.
- You support the test managers to define the testing strategy & scenarios.
- You achieved a Master degree in Engineer in Telecommunications / IT or equivalent by experience.
- A minimum 2-3 years' experience in a similar role within the telecommunication sector is an asset.
- Your extravert approach gives you the capability to build a network within the company.
- Capacity to work autonomously but also in team.
- Thirsty to learn with an open, analytical, creative mind.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- A first experience in Agile is an asset for the position.
- English is a must.
At Proximus you have the possibility to shape your own future and the digital future of our customers.
We offer you
- Our digital workplace, which assure you a better work-life balance
- A nice and varied salary package including insurance, a mobility plan of your choice, Telecom and other benefits.
- The opportunity to build your own career and your development thanks to a continuous learning environment and the exhaustive offer of our Proximus Corporate University.