Our department works for our top customers: customers for which we have an important recurrent business in multiple ICT technologies and for which multi-discipline resources (Project Manager, Service Managers, architects, engineers) are permanently assigned.
You'll be part of a team of 15 architects who work for large customers and design custom and integrated solutions in Sdx, networking, security, systems, data center, server and network virtualization, Unified Communication, workplace management, software integration, automation, public Cloud...
These architects have Senior expertise, past on-the-field experience in engineering. They know the reality of project implementation, Operation and support and have broad coverage of all the domains of ICT.
For critical projects on a FlexPod platform, we are looking for an Architect with broad knowledge in VMware, Windows and NetApp. You'll work jointly with other architects and engineers in the following technology:
- VMware (vSphere, vCenter, Horizon, SRM)
- Microsoft (Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL AlwaysOn...)
- Infoblox (DNS/DHCP)
- NetApp (Fabric MetroCluster 7-mode, Fabric MetroCluster Cdot)
- Cisco UCS (UCS Manager, Fabric interconnect)
- Nexus 7700 and Nexus 1000v
- CheckPoint, Cisco Vsg with Vpath
Role and responsibilities
To be successful in the job as Customer Solution Architect, you must be able to perform the following:
- Once the project is sold you design the detailed solution:
- Based on a high-level design and the explanations from the pre-sales team, you build the planning in close collaboration with the project manager.
- You clarify with the client and with the operational team some further details on the requirements. You are supported by the Service Delivery Manager.
- To design an end-to-end solution, you collaborate with engineers from each technology domain (internal competences, partners and providers)
- You write the technical documents that describes all the building blocks of this solution (diagrams + text)
- You explain this solution to the client and you get its acceptance. You'll do this jointly with the Project Manager.
- During the implementation, you fix with the engineers and Project Manager any issue that could happen: new requirements, feature not working as expected, other information on the field.
- After some months of collaboration, you get the trust of the customer.
- For Operation:
- You perform audit, capacity analysis, review reports of LifeCycle management, review the architecture and write recommendations for improvements.
- Based on your knowledge end to end of all the solutions implemented for the customer, you take the technical lead of the more complex problems multi-technology (coordination of the engineers and partners).
- Once you know well the customer, you are active in pre-sales (for that one customer only):
- You collect the requirements of the customer and design some high-level solutions.
- You discuss the advantages and drawbacks of this solution (Operation and costs).
- You are supported by pre-sales product specialists and solution sales.
- You don't need an expert knowledge in all these technology domains. The person we are looking for has:
- Broad technical knowledge in VMware, Windows, NetApp and Infoblox
- Has concepts knowledge in networking and security (Cisco UCS, Nexus, CheckPoint)
- Has strong technical leadership and good communication skills
- Understands the requirements and translates it into high level blocks in each technology (in collaboration with the experts of each domain)
- Is a problem solver
- You made technical designs for large projects.
- You have an experience in ICT of at least 7 years.
- You have good communication skills and you are customer oriented.
- You speak and write English.
- You understand Dutch or French.
- You are resident in Belgium for 3 years or more
- VMware vSphere
- VMware vCenter
- VMware Horizon
- VMware SRM
- Active Directory (concepts)
- Exchange (concepts)
- SQL (concepts)
- AlwaysOn, Active/Passive cluster
- Remote Desktop Manager
- Roaming profile/folders
- Windows 7/10 in Enterprise setup (concepts + best-practices)
- NetApp: (concepts)
- Fabric MetroCluster 7-mode
- SAN-Storage concepts (RAID/Disk-types/shelves/controllers/spare/load)
- Vfiler, LUN, iSCSI, FCoE, NFS
- Snapmirror, Snapvault, syncmirror
- Snapmanager for SQL/exchange/VMware
- Fabric MetroCluster Cdot
- DNS/DHCP (concepts)
- Disjoint namespaces from Active Directory
- Security: (generic High-level)
- Cisco Vsg with Vpath
- Cisco UCS: (concepts)
- UCS Manager
- Cisco C-series and B-series + Vic-modules
- Nexus: (generic High-level)
- Nexus7700 (Vdc, VRF, FC-zoning)