Young Professional 2019 - Microsoft Windows Junior Engineer
Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
Proximus is constantly improving the way of working. We introduce new technologies to support the new business need of our employees.
You will work in the Deployment Engineering team within the domain responsible for Office Automation (Ofa). We maintain the Hardware, software and security level of the client devices (PC's, VDI's, Mobile devices and peripherals)
As a Microsoft Windows Junior engineer, you will be able to carry out projects independently under the supervision of our Senior engineers.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will work together with a Senior engineer and the Ofa architects and participate in the technical design and engineering.
- You look for creative and simple solutions and you provide clear, structured documentation.
- You will create scripts to automate software installations
- You will deploy software and security patches towards the managed corporate PC park
- You participate in the implementation of releases following the Proximus change & release management processes.
- You are able to investigate and solve problems.
- You provide support to the operation team in case of major incidents.
- You are part of the standby team within Deployment Engineering.
- You have a bachelor or master degree (preferably in an IT related domain) or equivalent by experience.
- You are optimistic, solution oriented, creative with an open mind.
- You value communication and collaboration with others.
- You have a learning attitude.
- You have an analytical mind and critical attitude with a drive for improvement.
- You have a good knowledge of the Microsoft Windows and Office
- You know how you can maintain client devices in a corporate environment
- You have experience in scripting and/or programming
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory (both oral and written). French and/or Dutch is an advantage.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.