Within the IT department we are looking for a System Engineer Linux. You will be part of the team "Server OS, Netwrok, IT Security" within the IT Service Delivery department.This team is responsible for all technical aspects of Linux servers (and Windows).
The function primarily consists of support tasks around Linux RHEL6,7 and 8 servers, mainly in a virtualized VMware/Nutanix environment. Thanks to your thorough technical knowledge of server OS (RedHat 6 - 7 - 8), you will be involved in the complete management of the existing environments, as well as their life cycle and technological evolution.
- The project-based installation, configuration and integration of server infrastructure and application components according to agreed or new infrastructure architecture.
- You analyse and monitor the impact of new releases and installations of additional components.
- You are also involved in business projects for technical, application and DB related aspects.
- You are especially responsible for the Alfresco, Liferay and Guidewire packages and all Middleware components around them such as Tomcat, Apache, Java, JBoss etc.
- Automation via Ansible/Python has no secret foro you
- You work both proactively and problem-solving to ensure maximum availability of the systems to end users (incident analysis, troubleshooting, performance monitoring, tuning, architecture optimisation, security, etc.), and follow the operational processes and procedures agreed on around them.
- You are a French or Dutch speaker with a good knowledge of the other national language and a passive knowledge of English.
- You have at least a master's degree, or equivalent through experience.
- You have a strong interest in the management, maintenance and security of Linux server environments.
- Product knowledge at engineering level of Linux RedHat is a requirement.
- Automation based on Ansible/Python is something you are interested in and experienced in.
- Basic knowledge of HA systems such as clustering, Active-Passive, Load Balancing, DRP is required.
- Structured and procedural working according to ITIL and Prince2 is obvious for you.
- You like to consult with colleagues and you are only satisfied if you have provided excellent service.
- You always have an eye for the high availability of the infrastructure you manage.
- Security is close to your heart and you guard the security of the systems.
- Experience with Red Hat Identity management is a plus
- Knowledge of MySQL, MariaDB is a plus
- Knowledge of Kaspersky or other malware protection on Linux is a plus
- Knowledge of Alfresco is a plus
- Knowledge of containers and OpenShift is an added value
We offer an interesting salary package with numerous extra-legal benefits, permanent training opportunities and a pleasant working environment (advantageous company restaurant, nice and open atmosphere, flexible schedule, group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, etc.).