Description of tasks
- Assistance and support to software architects and information system developers.
- Installation, configuration and tuning of the “WebLogic Server”, “Oracle Service Bus”, and “Oracle BPM” platforms. Installation and configuration of the Oracle software platforms. The objectives are to maximise availability and performance of the applications whilst ensuring that adequate security is in place.
- Design, development, tests, documentation, release control, maintenance and technical support of infrastructure software components and services matching the specifications.
- Deployment of new versions of applications and database scripts on the infrastructure.
- Monitoring of the infrastructure, proactive and pre-emptive detection of problems.
- Production of technical documentation.
- Installation, configuration and optimisation of "Elastic Search" tools.
- Configuration of automated deployment of new versions of applications to both the "Oracle SOA suite" and MicroService-based platforms.
- Integration with CI/CD systems and execution of Bamboo plans.
- Diagnosis of infrastructure related problems with the applications including performance problems. Co-ordination with the development teams and support teams. Working very closely with senior developers and architects.
- Developing tools (using Java, scripting languages) for the automation of processes, the monitoring of performance and availability of applications and for the pro-active detection of problems.
- Documentation of operational procedures and compilation of guidelines and "best practice" regarding the delivery of applications for deployment.
Skills and experience required
- A very good understanding of “WebLogic server” administration and configuration.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages such as WLST, Python, Unix/Linux Shell scripting.
- A good understanding of Linux system administration.
- A good understanding of Oracle databases (ability to write PL/SQL scripts would be advantageous).
- Expertise in monitoring tools such as Shinken, Nagios, Icinga, Grafana, Prometheus would be advantageous.
- An understanding of automated configuration tools such as Rundeck, Ansibel would be advantageous.
- An understanding of the configuration of “Elastic Search" would be advantageous.
- A very good understanding of Java Enterprise frameworks and development.
- An understanding of MicroService architectures based on SpringBoot would be advantageous.
- An understanding of “Oracle Service Bus” administration and configuration would be advantageous.
- An understanding of Oracle BPM administration and configuration would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and vault would be advantageous.
Occasional work outside of normal working hours: late evenings, weekends. May sometimes be necessary to work in a “shift” pattern: starting and finishing either early or late.
- As employee:
- Real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector, a constantly growing dynamic company and a well-established international track record
- A strong learning and development program
- A challenging environment, where collaborative working and continuous self-improvement is the key to success
- A good work-life balance
- A competitive salary package (including meal vouchers, hospital insurances, pension insurance plan, etc.) and an open ended contract
- Or a Freelance type of contract