Senior Network Engineer
As our Network Engineer you guarantee the permanent availability and efficiency of mission-critical networks.
Together with your colleagues you are responsible for managing the operational and administrative network. These are both spread across multiple datacentres, data sites, the regional airports and our Headquarters in Brussels.
- Design, build and support network solutions:
You will design, build and support the current and future network solutions to provide a 24-7 service in the area of routing, switching and Firewalling covering our physical and virtual LAN, WAN and WLAN networks
- Ensure a qualitative service and an optimally functioning network:
To guarantee this, you will conduct regular corrective actions and system maintenance and you will suggest improvements. Furthermore, so as to prevent service degradation, you will introduce initiatives so that the network performances and capacity are better followed up and managed. You do that through monitoring, alerting and forecasting for network performance.
Moreover you will provide 3rd tier support and administer root cause analysis for network problems.
- Guarantee network security:
You will maintain the current network security and implement new network protection. You actively identify faults and vulnerabilities with the AIM to further increase security. Last but not least you ensure all security updates are carried out and all preventive measures are into place.
- you have at least 5 years' worth of professional experience as Network Engineer within a major IT environment with mission-critical systems and networks
- you are an expert in: routing and switching (IP/MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, IS-IS, OSPF, VLANs et Spanning Tree, ...) QoS mechanisms overlay/underlay networks (Cisco ACI, VXLAN, EVPN) DataCenter and campus network architectures (leaf-spine, core/distribution/access, overlay models) and high-availability concepts (clustering, load-balancing and multi-site).
- you have experience with: Firewalling technologies (CheckPoint and FortiNet) security concepts (reverse and forward proxies, IDS/IDP, WAF, NAC) VPN technologies (End-user and site-to-site) authentication and federation methods and network diagnostic tools (NetFlow, WireShark, fiddler and SolarWinds).
- Network problems? Thanks to your hands-on mentality and analytical skills you always find a suiting solution.
- you are meticulous and methodical, which is why you always guarantee the quality and safety of our networks
- communicating in English comes naturally to you. Moreover, you are fluent in Dutch or French.
We are offering a CDI with a full package
- Car + Fuel Card
- Insurance Group
- Insurance Health
- Meal Vouchers
- Net expenses
- Internet + Phone