The Server and Storage systems Engineer is responsible for Servers in a Microsoft Windows environment and storage, from the transition from design to operations, through implementation, configuration and support.
He or she is responsible for:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of servers, storage and related hardware and Software in an international environment.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of virtualization, Business continuity plan and Backup solution.
- Investigation, diagnostic testing and resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure incidents.
- Working in validated environment which implies writing and maintenance of technical documentation and procedures, and follow controlled change management process. Server and Storage Design is not in scope.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server Products and Applications 2008 or higher
- Strong knowledge of HP Hardware Blade and DL servers
- Strong knowledge of Storage and SAN Systems: HP, IBM or Brocade
- Strong knowledge of VMWare 5 or higher
- Good knowledge of Citrix 6.5 or higher
- Good Knowledge of VB Script and PowerShell
- Good knowledge of MS SQL
- Good knowledge of Network
- Knowledge of IBM TSM is a plus
- On Duty: The candidate will accept to be on call about once every 10 weeks
- Excellent spoken and written skills in French and English
- Can work independently as well as team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Service Minded - Familiar with the fundamentals of IT Service
- Management and SLA's
- Coping With Stress in Crisis Situations
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent by experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Certifications Windows Server 2008 or higher is mandatory
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified is a plus
- Strong affinity with IT evolutions