We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineering to join The company's cloud system engineering department in Amsterdam, which is responsible for global cloud service O&M and provides 24/7 cloud service stability and security services.
You will be working closely with global System Engineers and R&D teams to ensure services/applications running normally, optimize the deployment and monitoring of mission critical, customer-facing systems across public cloud environments and continuously identify improvements in the existing deployment approaches and automation workflows.
The successful candidate should have people management experience, be a strong communicator willing to work with GEO-dispersed cross-functional teams, critical problem solver comfortable analysing complex technical issues and bring them to resolution within strict SLAs, fast learner and self-motivated who likes taking on new challenges in a fast paced environment where you have the freedom to deliver impact at your own pace.
- Support and lead engineers working on the company's Mobile Services deployment, at different layers of the stack, on challenges related to scalability, reliability, performance and efficiency of systems
- Administer, maintain, and automate systems to ensure reliability, resiliency, scalability and security
- Monitor and debug issues across the the company's Mobile Service (applications, networks, databases), provide technical resolutions and root cause analysis for high severity incidents
- Work closely with Software R&D teams to design, deploy, and operate components/services that are automated, resilient, and scalable
- Develop and deliver timely reports on service metrics including but not limited to availability, capacity, performance, and latency across all production systems
- Continuously improve System Engineering operations (e.g. automate routine tasks, document new procedures etc.). Set standards for deployments at scale, infrastructure reliability and scalability.
- Ad-hoc on-call support may be required (1 week per 2 months on average or LESS).
- Manage and grow existing team of System Engineering experts. Build and enrich an inclusive work environment comprised of people from diverse backgrounds
- Work closely with System Engineering Director and dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team including interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
- Master's Degree in Computer Science / Telecommunications or equivalent experience related to Information Technology, with at least 3+ years' experience as an Internet distributed Systems Engineer or SRE managing a SaaS / PaaS environment (e.g. AWS basis application)
- Deep experience managing Linux and/or databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience in network technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, UDP, DHCP, DNS, ARP, WAN routing)
- Solid understanding of incident management, change management, and problem management
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive