Energy company Sibelga is seeking to appoint a Functional Analyst for its head office in Brussels.
Do you have a Master's degree and/or experience in the IT sector? Do you enjoy a challenge and want to make your work count? Then come and join us!
In the wake of digitisation and the energy transformation, Sibelga's IT department will be facing significant challenges in the coming years, particularly in the field of data management and the development of exchanges with other players in the utilities sector.
The creation of a federal platform for the management of exchanges with the market, the introduction of new types of smart meters, the inclusion of local production (e.g. solar panels) and the emergence of the electric vehicle in the market model are just a few examples.
To be prepared for these new challenges, we want to strengthen our Mki (Market Interaction) team of around 20 people, which is part of the Market & Metering Management department.
We are seeking an analyst to liaise with other players in the energy market.
As a Functional Analyst, you will be involved in ambitious application integration projects, both within Sibelga and at our customers' sites.
You define the 'functional analysis' aspects of these projects by taking on some of the following tasks:
- Within our team, you liaise between the business, the business analysts and our development partners. You help upgrade our applications and more specifically our protected client management tool.
- You help formalise business requests by ensuring a preliminary alignment with application standards.
- You are part of the development cycle: you are responsible for performing requirements analysis and functional analysis using the methods and tools implemented, in particular UML and Enterprise Architect for analysis. You challenge the technical solutions proposed by our partners.
- You check the quality of development deliverables. You are responsible for the various test phases and accompany rollout.
- You coordinate, develop and execute test plans with other stakeholders to deliver applications with the expected quality in production. You evaluate, analyse and document identified bugs and track the resolution.
- You ensure that the reference documentation is kept updated.
- You are involved in problem management of applications in production and serve as the second line of support for the handling of incidents.
- You are a university graduate in a scientific discipline (civil engineer or hold a Master's degree in computer science, etc.) and/or you have a successful and methodological experience as an Analyst (mastering techniques such as BPMN or UML).
- Your functional experience does not prevent you from communicating effectively at the technical level with application developers. To this end, you have sufficient knowledge of Enterprise Architecture, SOA, Dev/ops, SQL, Java, etc.
- You are familiar with Cloud & SaaS tools and in-house developments.
- Basic technical exposure to SAP modules is an advantage.
- You are fluent in French and/or Dutch and have a good knowledge of the other language. You have a good command of professional technical English.
- Key competencies: stress resistance, good communication, results-driven, diligence and precision, good capacity for learning and analytical skills, proactive.
What WE CAN Offer
- A rewarding position serving the city and its inhabitants.
- A dynamic business sector.
- A pleasant and friendly working environment.
- A vibrant workplace in the heart of Brussels.
- Ongoing training and development prospects.
- A healthy work-life balance (possibility of working from home, etc.).
- An attractive remuneration and benefits package (company car and petrol card, mobile phone, internet costs, entertainment allowance, 33 days' leave, meal vouchers, insurance such as health care, hospitalisation and pension, 30% reduction on energy bills, etc.).
If this sounds like the job for you and you would like to serve the people of Brussels...
Apply to Sibelga via the button below!
You will join a dynamic, environmentally aware company, constantly evolving towards new technologies, and that looks after its staff.