Energy company Sibelga is seeking to appoint a Solution Analyst for its head office in Brussels.
You are an experienced analyst who likes to be involved end-to-end in the development cycle and you are passionate about the energy sector? Then come and join us!
Following the establishment of a federal platform for managing exchanges with the market, the introduction of new types of smart meters, the inclusion of local production (e.g. solar panels) and the emergence of the electric car, the "Metering & Market Management" division of the IT & Business Transformation department is growing rapidly.
To be prepared for these new challenges, we want to strengthen our MKI (Market Interaction) team, currently counting 15 people.
Our MKI team manages the applications that are used to interact with the market and the applications that are used to manage vulnerable customers.
We are on the lookout for an analyst tasked with managing interactions with energy market players and users of the Sibelga network.
- You contribute to the evolution of our applications. You take charge of the business needs analysis. You conduct discussions / organise workshops to clarify possible solutions and reach consensus if necessary.
- You define the possible solutions that are consistent with the IT architecture, taking into account the E2E application and technology chain and validate them with the business. You liaise between the business and our development partners.
- You are part of the development cycle: you are responsible for performing requirement analysis and functional analysis using the methods and tools implemented, in particular UML and Enterprise Architect for analysis. You challenge the technical solutions proposed by our developpers.
- You check the quality of development deliverables. You are responsible for the various test phases and oversee rollout. You ensure that the reference documentation is updated.
- You coordinate, develop and execute test plans to deliver applications with the quality expected in production.
- You evaluate, analyse and document identified bugs and track the resolution.
- You are involved in problem management and serve as the second line of support for the handling of incidents.
- You have a master degree
- You have at least 5 years experience as Functional Analyst.
- You are familiar with UML
- Knowledge of the Utilities sector is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Web services would be appreciated.
- You are fluent in French or Dutch and have a good knowledge of the other language. You have a good command of professional technical English.
- Key skills: stress resistance, good communication skills, results-driven, diligence and precision, a fast learner with an analytical mind, proactive.
What we offer
- A rewarding position serving the city and its inhabitants.
- A dynamic business sector.
- A pleasant and friendly working environment.
- A vibrant workplace in the heart of Brussels.
- Ongoing training and development prospects.
- A healthy work-life balance (possibility of working from home, etc.)
- An attractive remuneration and benefits package (company car and petrol card, mobile phone, internet costs, entertainment allowance, 33 days' leave, meal vouchers, insurance such as health care, hospitalisation and pension, 30% reduction on energy bills, etc.).