The IT & Business Transformation (ITBT) department supports all the "business" activities of Sibelga. It allows them to run efficiently and develop further. It ensures that Sibelga is equipped with a stand-alone IT system in line with its changing needs and technologies.
Within the ITBT department, the IT Production department is responsible for managing the infrastructure and operation of the systems and applications that support Sibelga's information system.
Within the IT Production department, the IT Operations Team Manager is responsible for managing the operational activities for the systems and applications. These activities are currently organised into three categories
- Digital Workspace — all development and maintenance activities for the user workspace (physical and virtual desktops (Citrix), collaborative tools and images of EndPoint devices provided to users)
- Operations — all activities for managing the execution of business applications (monitoring, alerting, batch scheduling, deployments)
- Infrastructure — all activities for managing the operation of the Datacentre systems
The IT Operations Team Manager reports directly to the Head of the IT Production department and, as such, manages three teams with a total of approximately 40 people. He is supported by two Team Leads for the Operations and Infrastructure teams and is Team Lead himself for the Digital Workspace team.
As IT Operations Team Manager, you will hold the following responsibilities
- To guarantee the stability of the production information system in all circumstances, ensuring consistency and smooth performance
- To guarantee the availability of the infrastructure services for all environments (Dev, Test, ACC, Production) according to the agreed service levels
- To oversee People Management and Resource Management tasks (prioritisation of activities, balancing of resources against expectations, team motivation, top-down and bottom-up communication, support for employee development)
- To develop the financial processes for the upcoming years of the department and monitor current processes
- To manage the contracts of our service providers (contract supervision, service supervision, review of SLAs, etc.)
- You are an engineer or have a Master's degree with a focus on science or economics
- You have five years of successful experience in team management
- You have five years of successful experience in the management of operational systems and you are methodical, rigorous and pragmatic
- You have experience in IT service management (ITSM) and can demonstrate a thorough knowledge of ITIL processes, knowledge of Omnitracker being an added advantage
- You have proven ability in the fields of IT infrastructure (Virtualisation, Storage, Cloud, etc.)
- You are fluent in either French or Dutch and well grounded in the other language. You are fluent in professional technical English.
- Key competencies: customer and results orientation, organisation and planning, analysis, communication, team player, assertiveness, flexibility and stress tolerance
- A meaningful job working for the city and its inhabitants
- Rewarding, high-quality training, and career prospects
- A business sector in perpetual evolution
- A dynamic working environment in the heart of Brussels
- An attractive salary package and extra-legal benefits (company car and fuel card, mobile phone, internet costs, entertainment allowance, 33 days' leave, meal vouchers, insurance such as health care, hospitalisation and pension, 30% discount on energy bill, etc.)