Simac ICT Belgium, network and system integrator in the Belux market, is part of the international engineering Simac nv with offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Our 170 experienced employees in Belgium provide to medium and large enterprises a complete service in the field of ICT infrastructures: consultancy, implementation, project management, ICT infrastructure management, maintenance and tasking. Knowledge, innovation, flexibility and continuous customer focus are our trademark for 45 years.
Simac - 1st / 2nd Line Factory Support Engineer
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for Hardware/software problems. When unable to resolve, escalate to second or third level in accordance with escalation processes.
- Escalate Hardware related problems to the third party warranty and non-warranty supplier.
- Maintain overall ownership of user's issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Respond to incoming factory calls.
- Provide initial assessment of urgency and business impact on all support calls.
- Record incident resolutions in Service Now.
- Provide enhancement request feedback to IT regarding technology environment and customer needs through the defined processes.
- Support the following technologies: Microsoft Office 2003/7/10 products - Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Web browsers, Windows XP/7/8, desktops, laptops, printers, networked copiers, NIC's, basic LAN/WAN connectivity and others as assigned.
- Receive, escort and guide 3rd party suppliers On Site.
- Spare part administration.
- Asset Inventory management.
- Factory Support:
- Analyse and diagnose Hardware problems, including Servers (Open VMS, Unix, Windows), LAN equipment, Production equipment (P2V Pdas, nut runners etc.,) and printers.
- Align with 3rd party suppliers for Hardware troubleshooting.
- Carry out swap, replacement, re-installation as required resolving Hardware and software related incidents.
- System and application patching where this cannot be carried out remotely.
- Update asset inventory in asset management system including the movements from Purchaser's stock.
- Remove and replace equipment from the Purchaser's stock of equipment and spares as a result of the Incident resolution and Change processes.
- Manage spare part stock for quick replacements, and initiate purchases with Service Owner.
- Identify to Purchaser any requirement for additional stock of equipment for use as spares.
- Work with Itam (IT Application Manager) for solutions to difficult application problems.
- Identifying incidents that should have been possible to resolve remotely, and report back to Service Desk as one step in the continuous improvement work.
- Support of special equipment like Thin Clients, beamers, Video Conference equipment, Analogue / Digital Phone sets, Lasermarkers, Applicators, Pdas where there is limited support from third party supplier.
- Smart Hands:
- Hardware rack and stack.
- Cabling and Patching.
- Basic configuration up to a level where remote support can take over for final configuration.
- Act guided and supported by Remote LAN Management e.g. via phone.
- Replacement of network equipment, including return of faulty equipment to suppliers nominated by the Purchaser.
- Hardware Troubleshooting and Fault resolution.
- Support Incident Manager with incident resolution.
- Troubleshooting Mobile devices, tablets, smart phones, etc.
- Technical Skill set:
- Server: Knowledge on Hardware troubleshooting, Racking and Stacking, basic troubleshooting of Server Operating systems, RAID configurations for Open VMS / Unix / Windows Servers
- DC Facilities : Knowledge on managing server room components like Power, UPS, Cable Management and monitoring the environment
- AD: Knowledge on - Active Directory, Proxy, DNS, Group Policy.
- Network: Knowledge on - LAN setup, basic Switching, passive networking, cable management (Data / Voice), Wireless AP.
- Desktop Security: Knowledge on - Antivirus deployment and update, patch management, monitoring and reporting, Disk Encryption, End-user backup.
- Desktop, Laptop, Handheld devices: Hands on experience in OS deployment / provisioning, common application installation and troubleshooting, Hardware knowledge, disposal (disk wipe / degaussing), Smart Phones, Tablets, Thin Clients, beamers, Video Conference equipment, Analogue / Digital Phone sets, Pdas.
- Printers: Hands on experience in managing printers (Local & Network printers), toner /consumables (staples) / maintenance kit replacement, lasermarkers, applicators.
- Tools: Hand on experience on ITSM tools like Service Now.
- ITIL: Knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures.
- Language Dutch & English
- Experience in years 0 To 5 years
- Certifications MCSE / CCNA (recommended)
- Level of expertise L1 or L2 - Factory Onsite Support
- Excellent in verbal , written communication, personal interaction skills
- Strong problem resolution skills required
- Can perform under stressful and stringent timelines with minimal help and ownership
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously and coordinate with users for timely completion
- Flexible to work in 24X7 environments (working in shifts might be required)
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external contacts
- Dutch as mother tongue
- English proficiency level - 4 out of 5
- Role Factory Support Engineer
- Region Belgium - Gent
- Working hours 8 hours