Simac ICT Belgium, network and system integrator in the Belux market, is part of the international engineering Simac nv with offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Our 170 experienced employees in Belgium provide to medium and large enterprises a complete service in the field of ICT infrastructures: consultancy, implementation, project management, ICT infrastructure management, maintenance and tasking. Knowledge, innovation, flexibility and continuous customer focus are our trademark for 50 years.
Simac - Network Engineer
He/she is responsible for the networking-related activities. During the job you will be covering LAN, WAN, QoS, VPN, Wireless LAN, ...
The network support engineer will respond to user calls for support, gather information, analyze problems and requirements, provide first/second and third level problem support, resolve problems, or direct calls to the appropriate support agency where escalations are necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent by experience
- Preferably CCNP certified or equivalent by experience (>7 years)
- Experienced with operational network support
- Good knowledge of LAN & WAN, their topology, protocols and technologies, how to troubleshoot them
- Networking concepts (QoS/VoIP/LAN/WAN/WLAN/Security/)
- Switch & routing: 99% Cisco
- Wireless: Cisco
- Firewalls: Cisco (ASA)
- Load Balancers: Cisco
- Monitoring & troubleshooting: Zabbix
- Possess good analytical and diagnostic skills
- Able to do project design and development: analysis, design, recommendations
- Able to do document the work, writing procedures
- Good customer care skills
- You are a team player with the capability of working cross-functionally with other program teams
- You are Self-driven and autonomous
- Working experience: 7y+
- Dutch & English are mandatory
- French is definitely a plus