Simac ICT Belgium, network and system integrator in the Belux market, is part of the international engineering Simac nv with offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Our 170 experienced employees in Belgium provide to medium and large enterprises a complete service in the field of ICT infrastructures: consultancy, implementation, project management, ICT infrastructure management, maintenance and tasking. Knowledge, innovation, flexibility and continuous customer focus are our trademark for 45 years.
Simac - System Engineer / Architect
Working in a small team, designing the overall Server computing architecture
Key Responsibilities / Deliverables
- Setup, deployment, integration and maintenance (patching, lifecycle) of Windows Servers together with HP RDP (for a limited period), Symantec GSS, and HP One View;
- VMware server templates container hardening and ESX server deployment through GSS;
- Formalizing and validating SQL Server 2016 standard installation;
- AD upgrade through DC baseline setup and patching, impact analysis of AD mode upgrade, related documents setup and validation.
- Maintain validation documentation pack related to the tasks described in previous point.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in server computing
- Deep knowledge of Hardware and infrastructure software platforms:
- HP Server (G8, G9 and coming G10);
- Windows Server OS (W2K8, W2K12 and W2K16);
- MS SQL Server installation/deployment;
- Windows Servers deployment tools (especially Symantec GSS);
- HP Windows Server management through HP One View, and by a way of consequence Rest API;
- Knowledge of integration with Windows AD.
- Ability to assess, organize, prioritize, estimate, execute and deliver results
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Demonstrable track record in communication, personal effectiveness, and collaborative skills.