Smals - Senior Java Engineer
- As Senior Java Engineer you will be part of a dynamic team that develops online services contributing to the information exchange within the Belgian health care sector. In order to succeed in these projects, the development team uses the latest technologies, such as Java 8, Docker, Spring 4, JBoss EAP 6.4, GIT and Angular JS. These applications are currently being migrated to PaaS (OpenShift).
- You will help design and develop solid applications in cooperation with our analysts and architects.
- You will share your knowledge of best practices in development with the team whilst coaching and guiding junior developers.
- Youparticipate in meetings with the business in order to determine their needs. You create the technical design and develop the most suitable solution. You ensure the deployment and maintenance of the application.
- You obtained a bachelor's or master's degree in IT and have at least five years of experience in a similar position (back-end Java development).
- You are familiar with the following technologies: Java EE, Spring, Spring Batch, XML, XSD, WSDL, SOAP, JSON, WADL, Rest, Test Driven Development, Agile Development.
- Knowledge of Linux and JBoss is an asset.
- You are also familiar with IaaS and PaaS concepts.
- You are looking for a varied and challenging job that lets you fulfil your sense of responsibility. You enjoy working together as a team. You are creative and are willing to take initiative in order to offer high-quality solutions.
- You have a passive knowledge of Dutch or French.
At Smals you are able to contribute to complex IT services that are going to play a role in society. You can count on training, specialisation and career opportunities in application development, IT infrastructure or support services. Besides offering ICT for Society, we also offer a healthy work-life balance, an interesting salary, hospitalisation insurance, second pension pillar, meal vouchers and telework. We fully reimburse public transport costs and make sure that our offices are easily accessible. On top of that, Smals pursues an equal opportunities policy.