Software Architect - Web Applications - req1133
The top ICT company in Belgium is looking for top IT talents
Proximus is facing one of its biggest challenges ever: its transformation into a digital service provider. Together with our customers, partners and other business units, we are building the digital company of the future with the latest technologies and the most advanced software. In these exciting times, our ICT specialists are given every opportunity to learn and grow.
Our future is digital. Yours too?
Do terms like "agile", "scrum" and "cloud computing" make your heart beat faster? Need your daily fix of IaaS, PaaS and AI? Want to grow and contribute to the growth of the digital future of Belgium's largest IT employer? Then perhaps you're one of the 100 new IT talents we're looking for!
You work within the domain responsible for the development of the MyProximus app as well as the web applications available through proximus.be.
As software architect you are accountable for driving the technology roadmap of the domain in order to shift the digital domain further into an agile, continuous delivery, robust IT factory.
You are responsible for designing and building the frameworks that are used by the development teams to develop qualitative solutions based on telecom web-based business requirements.
Role & Responsibilities:
* You design robust and scalable software solutions and integrations for the web and the mobile app using agile (SCRUM) and test driven methodologies.
* You design and implement high performing data solutions in NOSQL techniques.
* You are responsible for the roll-out of your solutions framework.
* You coordinate the translation of the requirements into the technical design of the solution and you are capable to decide the correct integration pattern to be used.
* You present the delivered solution to management and to development teams for further implementations.
* You drive and take the lead on the continuous delivery project in close collaboration with other architects.
* You provide support to the operation team in case of major incidents for which engineering knowledge is required.
* You have a bachelor or master degree (preferably in an IT related domain) or equivalent by experience.
* You have profound experience in JAVA web-based development, using the Spring framework and JAVA tools and frameworks (Google GUAVA, spring, JUnit, commons).
* You have hands-on experience with OO design, integration patterns, agile development (Scrum) principles & methodologies, continuous integration and automated test & build.
* You know the concepts of microservices and RESTful implementations and infrastructure components (NGINX, Loadbalancer, Reverse proxies, apache....) and high scalable Web topologies.
* Knowledge of AI, machine learning, PAAS & SAAS solutions is considered an asset.
* You are optimistic, solution oriented, creative with an open mind.
* Customer centricity is part of your nature.
* You value communication and collaboration with others.
* You have a learning attitude.
* Good knowledge of English is mandatory (both oral and written). French and/or Dutch is an advantage.
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.
Not really the job you're looking for? Then be sure to check out our other IT vacancies!