Business Analysts play a leading role in national and international projects at the intersection of business and IT.
As Business Analyst you are particularly active in developing, implementing and improving business processes. You will use your knowledge, experience and network in order to acquire new contracts and you are able to develop new solutions and service offerings.
My client distinguishes a number of areas where a Business Analyst can specialize:
- Focuses on the analysis, improvement of payments engines like SEPA.
- The strive for a Single Euro Payments Area requires a great effort from all the banks.
- Your role as an analyst can vary from conducting strategic studies to the implementation of back-office systems.
- Capital Markets:
- Focuses on risk, analysis of regulations and more efficient organizational design.
- Next to that the Business Analyst is in charge of improving business processes and their supporting information systems.
- Introduction of new products, outsourcing and of offshoring of business processes and IT and the impact of increasingly demanding customers, lead to a quickly changing Capital Markets field.
- Focuses on product innovations, shared service centers, developing new service concepts, optimization of distribution channels (Internet, call centers, mobile channel) and the replacement of systems by building or off-the-shelve solutions.
- All this takes place in the field of (amongst others) savings, loans and mortgages.
- Insurance and Pensions (Life insurance, Pensions, Property and Casualty):
- Focuses on the market of insurers, life insurers and pension funds.
- Issues are changes in regulations and insurance products, due to changing legislations, increased cost awareness and optimization of business processes.
- Key issues are: improvement of customer/participant communication, channel management and cost reduction.
- Business Process Management (BPM):
- Focus on the analysis, design, improvement and implementation of processes.
- Advise in the areas of tooling, methods and techniques, and implementing them.
- Translation of requirements regarding compliance and operational risk management into concrete measures in the process design.
- Testing the quality of processes in order to improve them and make process performance measurable.
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent through relevant experience
- or experience in similar roles within this field, such as Functional Designer, Information Analyst, System Analyst or Process Analyst
- 5+years of appropriate work experience and an appealing (management-tier) network
- Strong communications skills as well as liaising with stakeholders
- Excellent consulting and advisory skills and background in requirements solicitation and synthesis
- Team player
- Stress resistant
- Active listening and comprehension
- Customer oriented
- Qualitative result driven
Languages and mobility
- Permanent residency in Belgium
- Fluent in English
- Geographic mobility - you must be ready to accept assignments anywhere in Belgium, and potentially abroad